Member Services Representative, PT Eve/Wknds, North Scott Community YMCA
Company: YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Perks of working at the Y!
- Free individual YMCA membership! Discounts on programs
- Child Care discount 25% (must work min 20 hrs/week to qualify);
Summer Camp discounts
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Program
- Y Retirement Fund: Y pays 12% after employee meets eligibility
- Eligible to participate in 403B savings account through Y
PAY RATE: $12.00/hr
The Member Services Representative is responsible for providing
exemplary customer service to all members, callers, volunteers and
visitors to the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley while adhering
to Welcome Center Best Practices at all times. Promote a positive,
professional and welcoming atmosphere by providing excellent
customer service and exemplifying our YMCA values. Provide friendly
and efficient service while conducting membership interviews,
facility tours, and identifying appropriate entry points into
programs provided by the YMCA.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and live the YMCA
mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring that Welcome Center best practices are
followed at all times.
- Greet and assist all members, potential members and staff in a
courteous, professional and friendly manner. Be enthusiastic
towards members by learning their names and expressing an interest
in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their YMCA experience by
introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer
- Monitor facility access by properly checking Y membership and
class/program entry cards.
- Model and enforce facility policies and put the Y mission in
- Attend all Welcome Center and other required staff meetings
- Perform switchboard duties by answering any incoming calls,
provide requested information, direct calls and taking accurate
- Receive and process payment for membership and program sales,
locker rentals, and other cash transactions while practicing proper
cash handling procedures.
- Register members for programs and services, as needed. Follow
proper procedures for group memberships, nationwide members, and
guests who come in to use the facility. Follow identification
requirements and guest guidelines.
- Keep reception and lobby areas clean, orderly and
- Perform clerical, cleaning and other similar duties as assigned
by leadership staff.
- Must assist and be available to fill in as needed at the
Welcome Center when other staff are unavailable to work.
- Reports member and visitor comments, suggestions, complaints,
concerns, and problems to the Branch Executive in a timely
- Maintain a positive attitude and communicate in a professional
manner when interacting with members, staff and program
- Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary
YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual
- Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other
Requirements and work toward obtaining further/advanced
certifications when available for personal career development.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures of the YMCA of the
Iowa Mississippi Valley.
- Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations
including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of
- Regular and timely adherence to respective
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Director
-Membership and/or Branch Executive. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience handling monetary transactions preferred
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and programs preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to pass background check
- CPR /AED/First Aid Certification*
- Must be able to pass the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley
Cash Handling and Income Based procedures training.
*Note: If not currently certified, must obtain certification within
30 days of hire. All the above
certification training programs are provided by the YMCA staff.
Must be able to stand and or sit for at least 4 hours at a time
every day. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Possess the ability to walk and climb stairs and be capable of
navigating through the facility. Must be able to reach with hands
and arms and use hands handle, or feel. While performing the duties
of the job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and/or
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The
noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to moderate
during office hours and moderate to loud during event hours. This
position works in a combined environment of office setting and
fitness facility. This position can work varied hours depending
Keywords: YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley, Davenport , Member Services Representative, PT Eve/Wknds, North Scott Community YMCA, Sales , Eldridge, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...