Division Pricing Support Analyst
Company: Genuine Parts
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Division Pricing Support Analyst Under limited supervision, the
analyst is responsible for advanced pricing research and analysis
and provides pricing recommendations to maximize revenue and profit
for Motion's products and services. Manages and updates pricing
databases to track current and historical pricing of the company's
products. Develops pricing strategies to meet customers' needs
while providing a profit for the organization. Determines core
business costs of service in support of pricing development.
Designs, implements and maintains pricing infrastructures. Provides
reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the
point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal sales
department. Suggests variation in prices. Responsible for
undertaking activities associated with improving market access and
profitability for a range of Motion's products and services.
- Analyzes customer usage and historical pricing on accounts to
prepare a recommended pricing structure.
- Manages existing pricing structures for various types/sizes of
accounts. Communicates with supported areas and personnel to get
approval to load pricing for each account over a defined maximum
per year in annual usage.
- Uses pricing tools to load each of these customers pricing
- Work with management to review/implement pricing programs.
- Manages/removes customers from databases as needed.
- Summarizes information and develops complex reports. Evaluates
effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures
- Communicates a pricing and margin plan to all supported areas
as determined by management.
- Provides supported areas a list of line items where the
recommended pricing structure was not followed,
investigates/recommends changes to pricing algorithms to increase
- Evaluates usage for accounts, establishes pricing files and
adjusts item pricing as needed.
- Keeps track of all expiration dates for all special pricing
- Obtains and manages dates and amount of all supplier price
- Evaluates customer impact and updates pricing structure as
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Typically requires a bachelors degree plus 5-7 years of related
experience or equivalent combination.
- The position must have a financial analysis background and be
able to develop advanced spreadsheet models, charts, graphs, and
develop key performance indicators (KPI's) to track pricing
- Must be analytical and detailed-oriented
- Must be proficient or able to become proficient with a variety
of software programs and tools, pricing analysis and other pricing
methodologies including proprietary tools and methods
- Excellent excel skills required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Must be able to discretely handle sensitive and highly
confidential information GPC believes the fair and equitable
treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is
critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its
business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion,
marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability,
military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected
characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote,
assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own
ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate
Keywords: Genuine Parts, Davenport , Division Pricing Support Analyst, Professions , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!