Packaging Technician I 1st shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: June 19, 2019
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: Entry level position into the
Packaging/ Labeling department. The associate will develop
mandatory skills for continued employment at ThermoFisher. These
skills include learning paperwork, basic packaging/ labeling
skills, and demonstration of an excellent work ethic, ability to
grow with the team, communication skills, and ability to follow
direction. Excelling in this position will allow for upward
mobility within the department. Key Responsibilities:
- General assembly of ThermoFisher products. This includes (but
is not limited to) processing work orders, building kits, labeling
products, printing and folding instruction booklets, and assisting
other Packaging Associates with completing work orders.
- Set up and operate packaging and labeling equipment.
- Process label work orders for manufacturing departments,
travelers, and any other documents that require printing:
- Print labels using the approved label software.
- Create and print spec sheets and CofA s. Get the appropriate
approvals before printing.
- Process jobs utilizing less complex equipment pipetters, shrink
wrapping, automated labelers, etc.
- Complete required paperwork related to Packaging/ Labeling -
Batch Record Sheets, Engineering Change Notices, deviations,
Traveler, Antibody Template, label documents, Bill of Materials
- Develop and understand material process flow. This includes
knowledge of Raw Material, staging, Work In Process, paperwork,
storage areas, general production steps.
- Process jobs independently or in a team.
- Assist in Quality Control/Peer Review with in-process
inspections and finished goods inspections.
- Perform calibration and preventative maintenance of packaging
- Cross train and help in other departments, as needed.
- The associate may be asked to undertake a Packaging/ Labeling
Technician II skill set, which enables their upward mobility.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Promote a constructive working environment by building and
maintaining positive relationships with co-workers.
- Other tasks, p.r.n., as determined by the
- Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 4 months experience in a
biochemical/pharmaceutical packaging environment, preferred.
- Individual should be able to handle working in a fast paced
environment -Must be able to work within a team towards common
goals -Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a variety of environments
- -Must be able to work within a controlled environment (clean
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic PC skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask organize/process several jobs at once
- Drive towards continual personal and departmental
- Print out Batch Record Sheets, if applicable.This position has
not been approved for Relocation Assistance.If you are an
individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation
to complete any part of our application process, for further
assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. Associated topics: baler, delivery, distribution,
fold, packaging, packaging banding, pharmaceutical packaging, scan,
straw sealing, wrap
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Davenport , Packaging Technician I 1st shift, Professions , Rockford, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!