Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Position Summary: The Press Supervisor will supervise the
operations of the press department to ensure that productivity and
delivery initiatives are met. The ideal candidate will have
experience in press and leadership experience in a high production
- Supervise the press work force, while providing functional,
technical and process leadership.
- Use leadership, technical knowledge, and training initiatives
to create a high performing team and optimize asset utilization and
uptime to meet requirements of the plant.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with hourly direct reports to
discuss agenda for the day and any safety updates.
- Ensure the execution of the three operational imperatives
within the department to meet Company objectives.
- Complete TMOS training, and implement concepts within the
department as expected of leaders within the plant.
- Ensure production schedules are followed with on time delivery
a key metric.
- Provide feedback to scheduling on ways to improve throughput
while still minimizing waste such as overproduction.
- Track and analyze production data to drive the improvement of
- Utilize data and daily follow up to prioritize problems and
implement both temporary countermeasures and root cause
- Communicate, coordinate, and problem solve with all plant
- Drive a continuous improvement culture through appropriate root
cause and corrective action using lean manufacturing principles.
- Exposure to coordinating and planning material flow.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on short term and
long-term productivity goals.
- Ability to hold others accountable and drive for results.
- Ability to drive change and lead continuous improvement
initiatives that improve safety, quality, productivity and
- Ability to analyze data to drive decision making.
- Willing to work manufacturing hours across three shifts and
weekends as needed.
- Preventative maintenance background and exposure to lean
manufacturing and best practices.
- Proficient use of MS Office, specifically Excel. Education/
Experience: Bachelor's degree required. Three' years supervisor
experience preferred in multi-process industrial manufacturing
environment.All qualified applicants shall be treated equally
according to their individual qualifications, abilities,
experiences and other employment standards. There will be no
discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Davenport , Press Supervisor, Professions , Fulton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...