Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Job Title: Production PlannerDepartment: Materials
Planning/SchedulingCity/ State: Fulton, IL or Clinton, IAJob
Position Type: SalaryPosition Summary: This position owns the
development and management of the 3-week schedule in assembly to
ensure customer requirements are met. The Production Planner
monitors performance against the weekly schedule and partners with
operations leadership to drive schedule attainment. This position
works closely with purchasing, operations, and engineering to drive
corrective actions on component shortages affecting the weekly
schedule.Essential Job Duties:
- Creates, maintains, and ensures execution of the 3-week
assembly schedule for assigned area
- Set and clearly communicate daily work center and team
priorities to operations
- Monitors daily performance against the weekly/daily schedule
and works with operations to drive schedule attainment
- Coordinate and expedite component materials to ensure assembly
schedule and customer requirements are met
- Responsible for periodic reporting of work center metrics and
develops understanding of drivers of metrics as well as root cause
- Responsible for analyzing and directing continuous improvement
throughout the assigned value stream(s)
- Assist in the overall review and assessment of chain capacity
across the value stream, from press through final assembly and
packaging. Assist in recommending crewing levels and long-term
- Collects and analyzes issues to drive continuous improvement
for the 3-Week Schedule Process Minimum Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook.
- Degree in operations, supply chain, finance or similar
- Project management skills.
- Inventory control, logistics and purchasing skills helpful.
Education and/or Experience: HS diploma or GED minimum, Associates
or Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business, Supply Chain, Finance
or related field. In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in
operations or supply chain.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
NA All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to
their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other
employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender
or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military
status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Davenport , Production Planner, Professions , Fulton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...