Maintenance Instrumentation & Electrical Technician (Davenport/Muscatine, Iowa)
Company: Mkd Electric, Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
MAINTENANCE INSTRUMENTATION AND ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
(DAVENPORT/MUSCATINE, IOWA) - $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS
If hired for this position you may qualify for a $3,000 sign on
Looking for more than just a job? MKD Electric offers careers!
Rewarding careers at that! We provide excellent benefits, training,
educational opportunities, and promote from within the company.
As one of the largest full-service merit shops in industrial
electrical services, we specialize in instrumentation and control
systems integrations. For over twenty years, we have designed,
built, installed, and maintained our clients' systems, projects,
and facilities. We focus on safety, quality, and value as well as
building and maintaining lasting relationships with our clients.
Quickly moving into other industries, we are a fast-paced and agile
company looking for a best-in-class Maintenance Instrumentation and
Electrical Technician willing to roll up sleeves and exude a
passion for teaching others.
What you will do:
- Maintain facility's electrical components, monitoring, and
control systems including electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic
- Monitor devices that control processes within the facility,
adjusting either manually or using instruments as necessary.
Periodic maintenance is done to ensure the instrumentation remains
in good working condition.
- Conduct troubleshooting to repair the machines as issues
- Install new instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Additional duties assigned by the supervisor.
What you will need to succeed:
- 5 years or more industrial experience with DCSs, PLCs,
automation systems, etc.
- Ability to test, calibrate, and repair electrical, mechanical,
hydraulic devices and equipment.
- Proficient at Single and Three Phase motors and motor control
- Ability to install and troubleshoot PLC's, AC and DC
- Skilled in Installing electrical gear, equipment, and
- Knowledge in terminating power, control, and instrumentation
wire and cable.
- Experienced with bending and installing rigid conduit.
- Ability to set up and pull wire and cable.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and manuals to understand
- Stand, walk, sit, kneel, and walk up and down stairs on regular
basis; climb up and down ladders up to 35 feet high repeatedly on a
- Work from various heights via platforms, scaffolds, ladders, or
- Bend and stretch, lift, and move heavy objects many times
across a shift.
- Operate, maintain, and work near various power equipment,
including, but not limited to, forklifts, man-lifts, excavators,
drills, saws, hydraulic tools, and automatic machinery.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift to 60 pounds independently; lifting from
knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
- Requires standing for extended period with frequent stretching,
reaching, walking, and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an
environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have
fumes or odors.
What you'll love about us...
We believe in a wide range of full range of offerings to support
our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out.
From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to
engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating
and supporting all of the moments that matter. We offer flexible
vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that
support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career growth &
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
MKD Electric is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. MKD
Electric also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
upon any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Mkd Electric, Inc, Davenport , Maintenance Instrumentation & Electrical Technician (Davenport/Muscatine, Iowa), Professions , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!