Project Manager/Estimator Trainee
Company: SERVPRO of Burlington and Quad Cities.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionProject Manager/Estimator TraineePrimary
- Manage production crews and jobs according to SERVPRO®
- Assign and coordinate jobs with crews.
- Keep Operations Manager, General Manager, or Owner updated on
production, as appropriate.
- Write estimates using Xactimate software.
- Supervise job scheduling, coordinate requirements for the job,
complete job files.
- Supervise production and monitor jobs from start to
- Resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Perform production work as needed.
- Provide and communicate clear and accurate pretesting, scoping
of services, and job estimates.
- Monitor and follow up on all assigned jobs ensuring customer
needs are met.
- Communicate and establish rapport with commercial, insurance,
and residential customers.Results Expected:
- Crews are effectively managed to maximize production.
- Production processes are performed according to
- Documentation is completed in a timely and accurate
- Production costs are maintained at the established rate.
- Both internal and external communications are timely and
- Jobs are completed, either meeting or exceeding customer
- Oversee SERVPRO® processes relating to customers and take care
of customer needs.
- Identify and implement activities for incremental
- Manage relationships with centers of influence (COIs).
- Communicate expectations, requirements, and changes with
- Communicate customer concerns or complaints to the operations
manager, general manager, or owner, as needed.Initial Job Scoping:
- Tell customers how SERVPRO® can help them; get the job by
gaining customer and client confidence.
- Create and/or review job scopes and ensure accuracy and
- Identify appropriate production services, time, and necessary
materials to develop an accurate job estimate.
- Ensure scope sheets, pictures, and supporting documents are
submitted for entry into the estimating database.
- Adhere to Franchise established pricing schedule.
- Discuss any alterations or deviations from Franchise pricing
schedule with operations manager or general manager.Project
- Oversee scheduling of jobs, resources, and crews following
SERVPRO® production guidelines.
- Work with office staff to schedule jobs and make changes to the
schedule to ensure all jobs are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage job file documentation.
- Ensure all job files are accurate and complete in a timely
- Review all job paperwork (scope, estimate, job diary, and work
orders) to ensure staff is ready to do the job efficiently.
- Manage "Work-in-Progress" (WIP) jobs.
- Coordinate performance of crews and communicate with office
staff, ensuring crews work efficiently and maintain good
- Keep customers and COIs informed about the job.
- Maintain communication with customers about the job to ensure
expectations are met.
- Remain up-to-date on all jobs in progress.
- Manage and perform production activities (as needed).
- Perform production work and job site documentation in the role
of Crew Chief as needed.
- Manage and monitor subcontractors.
- Coordinate and monitor subcontract work, ensuring quality work
is completed timely.Production Staff Management
- Conduct and Manage daily Work-in-Progress meeting to keep staff
up-to-date and coordinate resources for efficient production.
- Inspect services and final walk-through on jobs.
- Achieve customer satisfaction by ensuring quality work is
completed during and at the end of each job.
- Train production personnel.
- Use recommended training programs to systematically train
production personnel according to SERVPRO® guidelines.
- Manage production personnel.
- Monitor performance of production staff, ensuring the work
complies with SERVPRO® policies, and correct or train, as
- Conduct annual evaluations of production personnel.
- Listen, review, and resolve conflicts between employees, as
- Provide regular feedback on job performance, including
scheduled performance appraisals.Jobsite/Employee Appearance
- Make sure jobsites are left with a clean and orderly
- Make sure employees follow SERVPRO® uniform
- Ensure clear two-way communication with crew chief.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with office staff.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with operations
- Ensure clear two-way communication with SERVPRO® marketing
representative.Professional and Personal Development
- Continue professional development of SERVPRO® specific skills
- Constantly increase knowledge of cleaning products, equipment,
technology, office procedures and marketing services to customers
- Continue personal development of management, teambuilding, and
- Constantly increase knowledge and abilities in ways to better
manage the team and build the business Financial and
- Do job costing analysis.
- Measure the job profitability of each job, including
- Eliminate and/or minimize having to pay for damaged property of
- Control damage reimbursement expenses, ensuring costs are
maintained at the established rate.
- Make sure supplies required for jobs are available.
- Control operating supplies expenses, ensuring costs are
maintained at the established rate.
- Manage production costs (expense control).
- Control production expenses, ensuring costs are maintained at
the established rate.
- Manage equipment and materials (assets).
- Protect and utilize equipment efficiently and effectively.
- Confirm all inventories prepared and provided by crew
- Manage vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
- Keep vehicles, equipment, and facilities in working order,
ensuring that all are well-maintained. Safety and Risk Management
- Attend safety training.
- Understand and follow safety guidelines on the jobsite, in the
office, and while traveling.
- Make sure production crew chiefs and technicians follow safety
and risk management guidelines on the jobsite, in the office, and
- Avoid injury and make sure all crews comply with all safety
regulations, ensuring a safe work environment.Additional: Other
Duties, as Assigned
- Take ownership of Roles and Responsibilities.
- Team members should take ownership of their job
- Identifying ways to be more efficient is also an important part
of this position.
- Handle recurring and unique tasks, as necessary.
- Handle other tasks and duties as business needs require.All
employees of a SERVPRO® Franchise are hired by, employed by, and
under the sole supervision and control of an independently owned
and operated SERVPRO® Franchise. SERVPRO® Franchise employees are
not employed by, jointly employed by, agents of, or under the
supervision or control of Servpro Franchisor, LLC, in any manner
Keywords: SERVPRO of Burlington and Quad Cities., Davenport , Project Manager/Estimator Trainee, Professions , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!