Company: Dohrn Transfer
Location: Rock Island
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDescription/Job SummaryDohrn Transfer is a
leading Midwest LTL Carrier providing less-than-truckload,
truckload, and value-added services throughout our 10-state service
area. Join our team and become part of our new growth and bright
future! We offer competitive salary and a great benefit package in
an exciting, rewarding industry. Dohrn is seeking a Part-Time
Dockworker at our Rock Island, IL Terminal.QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum age of 18.
- Must pass a NON-Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
examination and functional screen.
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. Dohrn Transfer
must receive a negative result.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language
and also perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a frequent basis and 100+ lbs.
on an infrequent basis.
- Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30
days or more must be indicated and explained, and you may be asked
to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your
application from being processed or withdrawal of the job
- You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with
Dohrn Transfer. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in
the employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time
or is intended to be a contract of employment.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Must have command of English language with the ability to read,
write, and communicate effectively with internal and external
customers, perform simple mathematical calculations, handle
receipts, read shipping labels and follow loading
- Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT
requirements on and off of trucks by hand or by use of hand truck,
dolly, or forklift.
- Sort and secure items in position on trucks according to DOT
requirements or on the dock to prevent damage.
- Lifting various types of materials will be required: cartons,
bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums, pipe, bars, rugs, etc.
- Common material handling tools will be used: forklifts, carts,
dollies, banding machines, shrink wrap tubes, pallet jacks, and tow
- Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying,
bending, reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level
will be required.
- Heavy lifting will be required.
- Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal
risks and risk to fellow employees.
- Comply will federal, state, and company regulations.
- Process all paperwork daily associated with the execution of
the job. Be available and willing to work; exceptions require
- Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative way at all
times. Perform other duties as directed or requested.To navigate to
the Dohrn Transfer Career Center and apply for this position,
please go to dohrntransfer.balancetrak.comDohrn Transfer Company,
LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes
all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
Keywords: Dohrn Transfer, Davenport , Part-Time Dockworker, Professions , Rock Island, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!