Maintenance Team Lead
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Please note we are located in Muscatine, IA HNI Workplace
Furnishings, HON and Allsteel, have a Maintenance Team Lead opening
in Muscatine, IA! JOB DETAILSProvide daily leadership to skilled
trades members through guidance from upper level Leaders in order
to maximize facility performance in the areas of quality,
productivity, and efficiency while maintaining a safe and positive
work environment. Coordinates maintenance, repair, and upgrade of
existing assets in addition to maintaining electrical, plumbing,
mechanical, and related systems. Determines action plans to comply
with internal/external customer demands for reliable
processes/equipment to eliminate failures.Essential Duties and
- Assure all Safety regulations are followed and adhered to.
- Provides guidance and assigns work to Skilled Trades
- Provides input pertaining to member performance evaluation,
merit increases and disciplinary corrective action.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used to
maintain facility or production assets.
- Utilize reliability centered maintenance (RCM) and PM/PdM
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement
operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals,
and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance
requirements of designs or applications.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of all
existing assets to ensure that machines, processes, and facility
equipment are installed and functioning according to
- Provide training to Skilled Trades members where needed.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility,
design, operation and performance of equipment, components and
systems using in manufacturing product, equipment, processes, and
- Promotes and supports CMMS systems. Develops and implements
Preventive Maintenance, Predicative Maintenance, and Total
Productive Maintenance programs.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success
of the organizationEducation Required and/or Preferred:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Advanced Degree or completed Apprentice program in a skilled
trade related field, or 3-5 years of equivalent experience or a
combination of both is preferredExperience Preferred:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in providing and
implementing solutions in equipment, process, and facility
reliability in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Development of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance
- Previous experience in leading teams to successful
outcomesSkills and Abilities Required and/or Preferred:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics,
and computer-generated reports
- Apply problem solving techniques to evaluate and resolve
conditions to maximize operating efficiencies.
- Must be able to perform the same work as other Skilled Trades
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong communication and leadership skills required to ensure
- CNC programming software experience
- RCI experience including 3P, Standard Work, and Standard Work
- Proficient in plc, software, panel view, and panel control
- Proficient in MP2 or CMMS softwarePhysical Effort and Working
- Must be willing to work hours necessary to implement projects,
equipment, and factory layouts.
- Obtain needed Safety Certifications.
- Must adhere to Plant safety rules guidelines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 (fifty) pounds.
- Stand or sit a minimum of 8 (eight) hours.
- Continuous movement of hand, hand together with arm, or two
hands to grasp, manipulate, or maneuver raw materials through
- Continuous coordinating of two or more limbs (for example, two
arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm).
- Continuous and repetitive use of wrists, hands, arms, and legs
including bending, lifting and gripping. Why HNI Corporation?HNI
Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings
and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace
furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of
commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique
brands. The residential building products segment is the nation s
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.As one of the
larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018,
2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was
named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible
Companies by Newsweek. How we act today protects how we live
tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: Diversity, equity,
and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are
operational imperatives. We value each other s differences in
experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our
customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: We also invite you to
visit us at to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Davenport , Maintenance Team Lead, Professions , Wilton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!