Company: McLaughlin Body Company
Location: Rock Island
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: Supervise and coordinate the activities
of production and operating workers according to planned
manufacturing schedules to ensure the timely and cost effective
production of company products.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not
all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to
- Become intimately familiar with the processes under his/her
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments and sequences to
meet production goals.
- Mentor - interpret specifications, blueprints, and work process
procedures for operators when necessary
- Define the activities of the department by station, and
introduce to department team.
- Define the task being assigned to the new or transfer employee
including task specific quality objectives.
- Define who employee's resource is for task specific questions
when Supervisor is away.
- Ensure that employees are clear in understanding all department
specific policies to which compliance is mandatory.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker
problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Maintain consistent and fair labor relations with UAW
- Ensure the employee has all required PPE (glasses, hearing
protection and footwear) necessary for the assigned task and
understands who and where to get replacements.
- Explain how and where to get consumables necessary to the
- Explain how and where to get all documents associated with the
assigned task and requirements to complete forms properly.
- Review with department operator's daily condition of tools and
fixtures necessary for production day's work and report defects to
Tech. Services Manager.
- Manage conformance for suitable work environment and department
- Report and coordinate with Facilities infrastructure
preventative maintenance requirements for the department.
- Prepare and communicate department statistical information to
General Manager as required.
- Review process output records for trends in daily
- Oversee and participate in product review for conformance to
requirements prior to next operation next internal customer.
- Review, approve and submit department employee labor reports
- Ensures that safety policies and procedures are adhered to by
those working directly under his or her supervision. Abides by and
is responsible for performing all duties as assigned and in
accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations
and practices pertinent to this position including but not limited
to: machine guarding, lock-out / tag-out procedures, forklift
safety, and enforce requirements set by Management.
- Direct the daily activities of hourly personnel.
- Monitor attendance of hourly personnel and ensure proper
actions are taken for attendance issues.
- Ensure proper process and standards are followed in the
manufacture of product process, process sheets and tooling and
- Monitor quality levels of product on a daily basis using the
following tools: EOL Checklist, Quality Audit and Quality
- Provide feedback to hourly operators including the
administration of discipline.
- Take immediate action to correct performance issues in regards
to Quality, Safety, Efficiency, Schedule and Housekeeping.
- Ensure proper utilization of company resources.
- Provide feedback and communication to superiors and other
functional departments regarding manufacturing issues.
- Ensure company work areas are maintained at a clean and safe
- Participate in launch planning and the implementation of
engineering changes adhere to schedule.
- Monitor cost objectives for departmental consumables and other
related equipment SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND/OR
EXPERIENCE: Requires two years of college and five years of related
experience; or four years of high school and six to ten years of
progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of
education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with
vendors and employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or
controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand, bend and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee occasionally works near moving mechanical machines and in
atmospheric conditions occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate except for when in the production facilities. Required
PPE: When in the production facility; Safety glasses w/ side
shields and protective footwear with steel toe are required.
Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
Keywords: McLaughlin Body Company, Davenport , Production Supervisor, Professions , Rock Island, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!