Company: Martin Engineering
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionCelebrating our 78th year, Martin Engineering is
a privately owned global manufacturing company located in Neponset,
IL. A leader in our industry, we believe it is our people who are
responsible for our SUCCESS. Our culture is unique; we want our
employees to arrive to work happy and leave for the day feeling
that same way. We are united, we know we are better together. We
strive to deliver superior service to all of our customers, both
internal and external. If you share our values, please continue
reading to find out what we are looking for in a Distribution
Clerk.The Distribution Clerk is responsible for assisting in the
efficient product distribution function at Martin Engineering. This
role will perform various duties associated with picking, packing,
and distributing the correct orders for building the products as
requested by Martin Engineering's customers. This role is also
responsible for maintaining an accurate and neat inventory of all
Martin parts and products. Responsibilities Include:
- Processes work orders by determining components needed and
picks material accurately and efficiently from pick lists for
building product and/or components. May package parts for
- Prepares orders for shipment including palletizing, banding,
shrink wrapping and/or crating. Some orders may require special
packaging or markings.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations particular to
the working conditions.
- Documents and prepares reports, as requested, concerning
project status, inventory, shipping dates, etc.; informs
appropriate parties as to the delivery dates of orders, inventory,
- Performs audit inventories; closes work orders; orders supplies
- Confers with customer service on questions about orders.
- Operates a forklift to process orders in the most expeditious
manner; may perform safety checks on department equipment (e.g.,
for lifts, cranes, etc.).
- Loads outgoing trucks.
- Complies with OSHA standards as they relate to a safe work
environment, training, material safety data sheets, hazardous
chemicals, and other safety issues.
- Supports and assists new employees in the operations of the
department and the successful performance of their duties.
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with the
Company's business strategies and objectives.
- Participates as a member of the department's team and/or other
teams as assigned and contributes in accomplishing the team's
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education, Experience &
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of experience in a manufacturing
- Computer experience preferred.Benefits and Perks - just to name
- Flexible Spending
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term & Long-term Disability
- 401k - with less than 30-day enrollment, no vesting schedule, &
generous company match!
- Onsite Medical Clinic free of charge to employees & dependents
enrolled in our healthcare plan.
- Onsite Cafe'
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Generous vacation package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Martin Annual Rewards Program (bonus opportunity)
- Casual dress policy
- And much much more..............Are you the person we are
looking for? If yes, please submit your resume, and in the meantime
check us out by visiting our website at
https://www.martin-eng.com/.Powered by JazzHRgnIJ93XSck
Keywords: Martin Engineering, Davenport , Distribution Clerk, Professions , Kewanee, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!