Produce Clerk - Part Time
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job Title: Produce Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Handles
food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and
neat. Reviews the status and appearance of the merchandise for
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Store
Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant
Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers,
Produce Manager, Assistant Produce Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the merchandise for
- Ensures an adequate product supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness and
replenishes and rotates product.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices products for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
Less than High School or equivalent experience. Six months or less
of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and
dampness. There is possible equipment movement hazards, electrical
shock, and exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a
fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Knives, wrapping machine, cash register, pallet jack, garbage
disposal, trash compactor, cardboard compactor, and calculator.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Davenport , Produce Clerk - Part Time, Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!