Pricing Data Specialist - Part Time
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job Title: Pricing Data Specialist FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 05/2018
Maintains the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
overall profitability. Ensures products are available to the
customer in a timely basis and all item parameters are accurately
maintained in the product management software.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Managers;Pricing Data Analyst
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a
friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to
customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to
customers and sets a good example.
2. Maintains the department standards for customer service,
employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional
appearance and overall profitability.
3. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
4. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner and makes an
effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name
5. Assists customers by: (examples include)
??? escorting them to the products they're looking for
??? securing products that are out of reach
??? loading or unloading heavy items
??? making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
??? performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
6. Assists store management with gross profit analysis and other
management reporting functions.
7. Ensures inventory information is accurate for monthly
8. Utilizes product management software to minimize out of stocks
and inventory and maintains correct item parameters and signage to
maximize sales and profits.
9. Ensures advertised, EDLP, and RDA items are priced and signed
correctly and sufficient quantities are ordered.
10. Maintains special buys to ensure accuracy of parameters in
product management applications.
11. Performs inventory and pricing verification in accordance with
12. Works with upper management to determine product placement for
new items and resets to ensure the timely presentation of products
to the customer.
13. Ensures obsolete and discontinued inventory is reduced for
quick sale. Monitors excess inventory and works with store
management to minimize.
14. Monitors and reports on damage/unsaleables and implements
solutions to reduce them.
15. Edits and transmits replenishment and ad orders.
16. Ensures price changes and product information changes for all
items are completed in a timely manner.
17. Assists department managers with questions concerning product
management in their department.
18. Works with DSD vendors, checks in and balances vendor
19. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
20. Adheres to company policies and individual store
21. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
2. Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Strong basic math skills
necessary. Over six months to one year of similar or related
??? Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
(energy exerted) occasionally.
??? Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
??? Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
??? Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
??? Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
??? Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information;
guide people to provide basic direction; follow technical manuals
and have increased contact with people.
This position is frequently exposed to noise, occasionally exposed
to temperature extremes and equipment movement hazards, and
continually exposed to the fast paced work environment and pressure
to meet deadlines.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Windows based PC, printer, wireless devices, telephone, fax,
copier, calculator, internet, product management software, and
Microsoft Office products.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors and with the
Has access to confidential information including store inventory
information, item costs, and margins.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Davenport , Pricing Data Specialist - Part Time, Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!