Online Personal Shopper - Part Time
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Job Title: Online Personal Shopper FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 11/2014
As a Personal Shopper, this position will allow you the opportunity
to select "the best of the best" products for our online shoppers.
The Personal Shopper will accurately select groceries ordered
online by our customers, bag, pack, and load into the customer
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Managers;Online Shopping Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by:
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
5. Answers the telephone and emails promptly and provides friendly,
helpful service to customers who call.
6. Accurately selects groceries ordered online by customers.
7. Selects highest quality produce, meat, and other fresh
8. Select, scan, and bag items from all temperature zones.
9. Tender customer orders through POS and charge the customer's
10. Upon gathering orders, place in storage at proper temperature
and promptly retrieve from storage prior to customer's arrival.
11. Ensure products maintain proper temperature through the entire
12. Cart to and place in holding area for pick-up.
13. Lift, carry, and load groceries into customer vehicle.
14. Adheres to company policies and individual store
15. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
??? Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near
range with or without correction.
??? Must be physically able to perform medium work: occasionally
lifting or carrying objects of no more than 50 pounds, with
frequent standing, walking, and lifting/carrying of objects of no
more than 25 pounds.
??? Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
??? Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote
the values of the company
??? Good verbal and written communication skills
??? Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact
with people in a friendly, professional manner
??? Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
??? Must possess the ability to substitute products for customers,
upon request and unavailability.
??? Well organized, able to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced
??? Ability to work independently and complete daily workload with
The duties of this position are mostly performed in a retail store
setting. This position maybe exposed to dust, noise, and
temperature extremes. There are possible hazards from moving
equipment and possible electrical shock. There is constant pressure
to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day. This is a
fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Pallet jack, box cutter, cash registers, trash compactor, fork
lift, calculator, telephone, intercom, cardboard compactor, copier,
fax (within wage and hour guidelines).
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the general
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Davenport , Online Personal Shopper - Part Time, Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!