Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job ID: - 480372Cessford Construction Company, a CRH company, is
a supplier of construction materials servicing Central Iowa,
Southeast Iowa and West Central Illinois. Those materials include
hot mix asphalt, crushed limestone, sand and gravel and ready mix
concrete. With multiple locations, Cessford offers a variety of
employment opportunities for people throughout Iowa and Western
Illinois.Position OverviewExcavator operator is responsible to
excavate in a safely and productive manner. Need to perform
overburden excavation, establishing multiple level cuts, excavating
near water, and loading articulated haul trucks. Must be willing to
work in team environment.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations
for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to
the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources
- Be able to follow signals from the pipe layer.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate
alignment, movement, and materials with shovel.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or jobsite.
- May be called upon to run other equipment such as but not
limited to Dozer, Skid loader, Loader, articulated truck, grader
and Sheep foot.
- Digs, spreads, and levels construction materials.
- Maintain cleanliness of machine.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned.Qualifications To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Heavy Equipment OperationWork Requirements
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver license
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA
- Able to work in or around water.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
- Able to work in tight quarters.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of
- Must be able to exert up to 10 lbs. constantly to move objects,
10-25 lbs. of force frequently, and 20-50 lbs. of force
occasionally. -Work Environment
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate. The statements included in this
job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. -
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Cessford Construction Company, a CRH Company, is
an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Davenport , Excavator Operator, Other , Burlington, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...