Outside Sales Representative - Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
Company: RICHARDS BUILDING SUPPLY
Location: Rock Island
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We're growing! Come join our team!!!
Richards Building Supply, a full-service, family-owned building
supply center located in Rock Island, IL is currently looking for
an experienced Outside Sales Representative with a professional,
energetic, and creative demeanor for the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
In this position you will build and manage customer relationships
with a variety of clientele. It's an opportunity to run your own
business without all the risks of ownership.
You will need to bring enthusiasm, strong "sales hunting skills,
with a background in sales in the building materials industry.
- Competitive base salary with industry leading commission
- 20 PAID DAYS OFF (includes PTO, Holidays and Family Focused
Company Closure between Christmas and New Years).
- Bonus Incentive program as well as Holiday bonuses and other
- Competitive Hourly Rate with great OT potential during peak
- Flexible work/life balanced hours, home every night and typical
schedule Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
- Significant employer contributions towards monthly premiums for
Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life and Short Term Disability
- Additional Voluntary benefit options available including Long
Term Disability coverage, Accidental Injury, Critical Illness and
Cancer plans as well as additional Life and AD& D benefit
- 401K program with a best in industry company match.
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Family owned, operated and focused company!
- Engage and develop relationships with prospective customers and
build a self-sustaining network of clients.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of lumber is a MUST.
- Assist customers in the credit application process.
- Respond to inquiries with accurate pricing, inventory, and
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
- Utilize sales reports and other data to recognize sales
opportunities in customer buying patterns.
- Make cold calls to prospective customers.
- Follow sales leads and scheduling appointments with prospective
- Follow up with customers and provide solutions, should a
service concern arise.
- Provide training to customers and their teams on various
product lines and services.
- Connecting with customers to ensure that past due bills are
paid and collect payments when necessary.
- Cultivate, develop and conserve sales and business with new and
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention
to detail which includes: maintaining full, complete, accurate and
detailed sales records of all sales activities and have them
available for inspection.
- Timely follow up on quotations submitted to customers.
- Meet or exceed minimum sales budget.
- Preserve and safeguard Company's Confidential Information.
- Stay informed on new products in the industry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Most importantly, the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Minimum 2 years of previous outside sales experience ideally
within the building materials industries.
- Ability to adapt to a customer base with varying degree of
- 2+ years selling exterior building materials
- Professional presence with strong interpersonal skills with
clients and peers.
- Proficient with MS Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook and
Engage with our Virtual Recruiting Assistant Christine here:
OR TEXT: RBS to : (773) ###-####
Req #ZR Cedar Rapids
Richards Building Supply is a wholesale building material
distributor serving 12 states with over 60 locations! As a family
owned, operated and focused company, Richards Building Supply has
spent the last 40 years building a thriving and profitable
organization, as well as invaluable business relationships.
Richards stocks a comprehensive line of products such as
residential and commercial roofing, siding, windows, decking,
soffit, doors, molding, rainware, cabinets, and more!
Learn more about us here :
Richards Building Supply believes in hiring military veterans at
any level for any position. We know your service trained you in
many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork,
performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our
requirements, we want you to apply today.
It's more than a job, it is your Career! Submit your resume today
to join our exciting and growing family. Associated topics:
architect, building, field service, lab, medical, physician, sales
applications engineer, sales engineer, technical, trauma
Keywords: RICHARDS BUILDING SUPPLY, Davenport , Outside Sales Representative - Cedar Rapids/Iowa City, Other , Rock Island, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!