Company: Tenneco Automotive
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain
companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions
addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution
requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor. First-line
supervisor is responsible for hourly production/distribution
employees in designated area(s) on a single shift. These
responsibilities may include any position with supervisor
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear
from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and
then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring
Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly,
and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
* Assure maximum efficiency and quality is attained.
* Coordinates and monitors scheduling of the personnel to ensure
* Coordinating the repair of equipment along with adhering to the
preventative maintenance schedule.
* Assuring all employees adhere to all plant rules and policies and
administering disciplinary actions when required.
* Ensures accurate and correct reporting of production, scrap, and
any other required data for their respective shift.
* Provide on-the-job training with the completion of training
* Ensures employees are adhering to all quality procedures and
documents including but not limited filling out check sheets, setup
approvals, and 5S sheets.
* Communicates and interacts effectively with department employees,
Plant Manager, support services and all levels of management to
ensure smooth operation of the process.
* Monitors the work area to ensure that a safe and clean
environment is maintained.
* Complete employee performance appraisals and initiate corrective
action where needed
* Ensures healthy employee environment and promptly report and
resolve issues with respect to HR guidelines.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's
* 2-3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience in a union environment preferred.
Keywords: Tenneco Automotive, Davenport , Operations Supervisor, Other , Burlington, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!