Plant Production Engineer
Company: Adecco USA
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Description Summary/Objective This position will work as a
technical resource to coach and assist the operations team to
optimize and improve Environmental, Health & Safety, production
throughput, product quality, conversion, and reliability of
supply.? This role will also work closely with other individuals
and teams to establish yearly spending plans, production
commitments to the business, and cost goals.? The Production
Engineer acts as a technical resource for Operations personnel,
applying technical skills within Production, to optimize plant
operations, resolves plant problems and enables safe and efficient
production of low cost, quality products. This role is to provide a
technical resource to assist work teams on daily operations and
process performance so as to run a low cost, on specification,
reliable, optimized operation, thereby maximizing value to the
business in a safe environmentally friendly manner. Essential
Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Accountable to all Roquette & site policies and procedures
relating to HSE, Quality, GMP etc.
- Responsible for compliance and participation in all HSE
- Support and align with site objectives.
- Participate in site improvements initiatives and complete
various audits as assigned.
- Drive safety first culture through word and action to support
site and Roquette policies.
- Manage to a culture of customer service is key to our
- Lead and/or participate in project initiatives to improve the
safety, quality, reliability, efficiency, and continuous
improvement of plant operations
- Provide operational and technical support to all of the
Roquette plants as needed, supporting process focused and
individual focused initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Union Contract(s) and handle complaints,
grievances, and counseling as required.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are maintained in all
areas of the plant and addresses potential issues with follow up
and action items.
- Actively participate in the plant safety programs, reviewing
and enforcing all safety and health regulations, providing safety
training, completing action items necessary for safety and health
compliance, and investigating any safety problem or accident within
- Ensure compliance with hazardous waste programs and hazard
material identification systems.
- Coordinate and supervise project implementation, control
project costs, monitor progress and quality of the projects.
- Participate in quality audit requirements
- Maintain positive customer relations to ensure continued
satisfaction; work closely with the customer on quality and/or
supply issues as needed, either individually or in team settings,
attend meetings and participate in improvement teams
- Leads and/or assist with changes to processes through MOC
development and maintenance of standard operating procedures
- Leads and/or assists with coordination of plant shutdowns,
including coordination of plant personnel tasks, hiring contractors
and ensuring all necessary materials and equipment are
- Contribute to the training of production technicians and
engineers on all aspects of plant operations
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the business
to leverage knowledge on plant operations?
- Implements best practices in order to optimize
- Lead activities and participate in project initiatives to
improve the reliability, efficiency, and continuous improvement of
plant operations, applying Six Sigma Methodology and technical
support to projects as needed?
- Works with Production Leads and Process Control Engineers to
ensure process control is optimized in the facility.?
- Helps coordinate area of responsibility during planned?shutdown
and maintenance activities.
- Oversee and lead plant production operations in powder
- Supervise manage hourly production workers
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible hours.? Required Competencies,
Education and Experience Problem Solving/Analysis. Leadership.
Teamwork Orientation. Project Management. Communication
Proficiency. Performance Management. Technical Capacity. BS
Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or
Microbiology degree 3+ yrs experience in relatable processing
operations; 5+ yrs experience preferred 3+ yrs Corn Wet Milling
process / Separation / Crystallization / Evaporation experience
desired Demonstrated strong technical skills and personal drive in
continuous process 4. improvement and cost optimization Experience
with OEE & SPC recommended. 6 Demonstrated complex operational
problem-solving and troubleshooting experience 7. Demonstrated
interpersonal skills with the ability to work directly with
engineers, managers, hourly employees and cross-functional teams
Demonstrated strong organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities,
and self-motivation. Other duties as assigned Able to work flexible
hours Work with minimal supervision; self-starter Experience with
PSM element implementation, compliance and auditing, preferred.
Ability to consistently deliver top quality work and meet agreed
upon timelines. Green or Black LSS belt preferred. Supervisory
Responsibility This position will not supervise employees of the
department. Work Environment This job operates in the manufacturing
plant. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear, climb stairs, stand; walk; use hands and
fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This
position requires the employee to work in hot, humid connections
and to lift at least 25 pounds on occasion. ? Position
Type/Expected Hours of Work This position regularly requires long
hours and frequent weekend work. Travel Travel is primarily local
during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight
travel may be expected. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy Information
Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacyThe Company
will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Adecco USA, Davenport , Plant Production Engineer, Other , Keokuk, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!