Career Opportunities: Operator (102872)
Company: American Water Company
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is
vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an
environment where differences are embraced and where every person
feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is
the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded
water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than
6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and
regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an
estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides
safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our
customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information,
visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions
about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices,
all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
Controls the operation of the pumping station and continuous
monitoring of the distributive control system, including pumps,
analyzers and other instrumentation.
Starting Pay Rate: $29.09/hourly
Work Schedule is a swing shift schedule
* Operates, controls and maintains motors, pumps, valves and
equipment to regulate flow and pressure of water pumped into the
treatment plant and distribution system.
* Monitors and records condition of pumps and equipment.
* Monitors charts and chart-recording equipment.
* Places pumps on line or shut down pumps as system demands,
electrical demand management or water quality dictates.
* Monitors and controls electric feed systems and standby emergency
electric generation systems to ensure continuous operation.
* Monitors and controls distribution control system (SCADA) to
ensure system integrity.
* Assists treatment operator, as required (e.g. change chlorine ton
containers, wash filters, monitor and control SCADA system for the
production of water.
* Monitors and answers telephone and radio systems, and monitor
plant and distribution system surveillance and security
* Maintains a log of operations.
* Prepares daily, weekly and monthly pumping and operational
* Performs housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Windows based
products and productivity tools (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet,
* Familiarity with the operation of SCADA computer systems for
* High school diploma or state recognized Educational Equivalency
Certificate.1-3 years experience
Certifications and Licenses
* Ability to obtain Grade 1 within 18 months, Grade II within 42
months, Grade III within 60 months
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing---
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water Company, Davenport , Career Opportunities: Operator (102872), Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!