Assember (AE) 1st Shift
Company: McLaughlin Body Company
Location: Rock Island
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Qualified individual will work as a team for assembling an entire
product or component of a product to specifications on a production
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Must be personally responsible and committed to the quality of
one's own work.
* Must be able to work above production standards.
* Bolts, clips, rivets, screws, or otherwise fastens component
parts of assembly together, using hand tools, power tools, or bench
* Positions, fits, or aligns parts on workbench, floor, fixture, or
machine, following blueprints, diagrams, guides, holes, reference
marks, or work orders.
* Drills, taps, or reams holes to prepare parts for assembly, using
arbor or drill press or other bench-mounted drills.
* Files, grinds, planes, sands, or buffs parts to remove burrs,
alter shape, improve fit, or smooth finish, using hand tools or
* Applies adhesive, bonding agent, or sealant, to surface of
material by brushing, spraying, dipping, or rolling. Also may
touch-up paint as necessary.
* Holds parts during assembly, using hands, clamps, pneumatic screw
presses, or other work aides.
* Cuts materials, such as fabric, metal, paper, or wood into
specified dimensions or shapes, using cutting machine, scissors, or
* Reads process sheets, blueprints, or other specifications to
determine assembly sequence, machine and tooling requirements,
measurements, and tolerances.
* Cleans dust, dirt, oil, and other foreign matter from material or
machine surfaces, using cleaning solution, rag, or air hose (30 psi
* Records production data on paper or in computer as deemed
* Lifts, loads, sorts, and moves materials, supplies, and finished
products between storage and work areas, using push-cart, hoist, or
* Packages product in containers for shipment or ties into
* Stamps, labels, or otherwise marks product or packages with
* Positions and secures work pieces, using hands, hoist, crane,
wire and banding machine, or hand tools.
* Inspects cabs/components for quality prior to his operation.
* May operate crane/hoists to move large work pieces.
* Insure accuracy in maintaining production records such as
quantities and types produced. (Example: travelers, timecards).
Must be able to check parts to Quality Control Documents.
* Must participate in all required training programs to maintain
skill levels for continuous improvement. Must successfully complete
* Must be able to maintain good housekeeping practices in the work
area and comply with all safety rules and procedures.
* Must wear and maintain the required protective clothing and
equipment including: safety glasses, steel toe safety shoes, and
hearing protection. Additional protection may be needed. (ex:
* Must be able to read process sheets, blueprints, or other
specifications to determine assembly sequence, machine and tooling
requirements, measurements and tolerances.
* Equipment Selection - Determine the kind of tools and equipment
needed to do the required job.
* Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or
* Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of
products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or
* Must be capable of occasional horizontal lift up to 75
* Must be capable of frequent horizontal lift up to 25 pounds.
* Must be capable of occasional floor to waist lift up to 50
* Must be capable of occasional waist to crown lift up to 50
* Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift. Work
schedule may be over 8 hours a day.
* Must be capable of pushing/pulling up to 75 pounds.
* May be required to kneel, bend, crouch, forward bend stand in
order to complete job assignment.
* May be required to work overhead.
* Must be able to work during hot or cold temperatures. Summer time
temperatures can reach or exceed 100 degrees.
Experience and Education
* High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
Keywords: McLaughlin Body Company, Davenport , Assember (AE) 1st Shift, Other , Rock Island, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!