Posted on: May 17, 2022
Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, USA, Afinitas is the global market
leader for pipe and precast concrete equipment, forming systems and
concrete accessories used to build the world's critical
transportation, water and utility infrastructure systems. Afinitas
is known for the innovative technologies and services it provides
through its trusted HawkeyePedershaab, BFS, New Hampton Metal Fab
and other well-known brands, which customers have relied upon for
decades. Afinitas is a part of BW Forsyth Partners, LLC, the
investment arm of Barry-Wehmiller, a $3 billion organization with
nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the
power of business to build a better world.
BW Forsyth Partners is the investment arm of multibillion-dollar
global manufacturing and engineering consulting firm
Barry-Wehmiller. Established in 2009, BW Forsyth Partners blends
Barry-Wehmiller's unparalleled legacy of value creation and
people-centric culture development with keen investing experience
to help companies realize their true potential. With a focus
limited to areas known well, BW Forsyth Partners seeks to partner
with leadership teams to acquire small- to middle-market companies
in the capital and component equipment, and professional services
sectors. In each of our operating companies, BW Forsyth Partners
deploys operational improvements and strategy development without
compromising the autonomy, strategic vision and entrepreneurial
spirit of their leadership teams.
JOB TITLE: Machine Operator
REPORTS TO: Reduction Foreman
LOCATION: Mediapolis, IA
DIRECT REPORTS: No
EXPECTED TRAVEL: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBLITIES
* Startup and shut down machine as recommended by manufacturer
* Operate overhead style crane
* Operate machine in such a manner to meet Hawkeye quality
* Operate machine in both a safe and productive manner
* Perform required preventative maintenance
* All other duties as assigned
* Experience with Machine programs
* Certified crane operator
* Certified fork truck operator
* Ability to operate hand torch
* Thorough understanding of material locations in laser dept.
* Ability to multi-task meaning operate machine while completing
task such as programming, running additional machines, and/or
review/prepare setups for upcoming jobs
* Take personal ownership and pride of quality work in the
* Have good housekeeping habits and strict adherence to safety.
* Ability to comply with all work-related deadlines and work
overtime when required by the situation.
* Willing to assist in other areas as needed.
* Strong verbal and written interpersonal/communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to
* Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment
* Works in a plant/manufacturing environment that involves the use
of industrial machinery and chemicals. Employee must be able to
correctly wear and use any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
required at the location.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of
experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a
job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here,
please still consider applying. We know that our differences often
can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful
work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry-Wehmiller, Davenport , Machine Operator, Other , Mediapolis, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!