Employer Development Specialist
Company: SAFER FOUNDATION
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Safer Foundation is a social service provider
to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full
range of services, including case management, educational
instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the
world of work by helping them find and keep productive and
meaningful employment. General Summary: The Employer Development
Specialist (EDS) for Achieving Change Together and the I-Matter
programs (ACT/I-Matter) is responsible for the development of
long-term employer relationships. The EDS will develop
relationships within relevant sectors and industries, resulting in
employment & career path opportunities for Safer's ACT & I-Matter
clients. The EDS will develop relationships with associations,
unions, key training providers, and employers offering job
placements at all levels. The EDS will share their career path
knowledge and expertise with clients looking to develop their own
realizable career path plans. The EDS will provide Safer Skills
Training (SST) to prepare the participant for the workplace as well
as help develop a professional resume, cover letter and
acknowledgement note. The EDS will also provide mock interview
experience to promote participant confidence with the interview
process. A valid driver's license and insurance are required and
access to a vehicle for job-related travel. The Program Managers
for both I-Matter & ACT will collaborate on the supervision of the
EDS position with the direct supervision and preparing of
performance appraisals (with input from the I-MATTER Program
Manager) the responsibility of the ACT Program Manager. The EDS
position collaborates with both the I-Matter and ACT teams in
facilitating employer and apprenticeship placement opportunities
for respective program participants. The EDS position's funding is
a combination of the Department of Justice, Second Chance Act,
(ACT) and the Department of Labor, Education and Training
Administration. (I-Matter) Performance Results Description The
Position is performed correctly when all essential duties and
responsibilities are executed by following the Safer Values.
Exceeding Expectations, Communication and Collaboration, Integrity,
and Evidence-Based Innovation. Stakeholder Interface and
- Identify employer partners and implement recruitment efforts to
introduce Safer Foundation QC and the benefits of partnering with
the organization for hiring needs.
- Ensure successful employer engagement is maintained as needed
for job development, client placement, client retention, and
supportive service needs.
- Strong partnerships cultivated in sectors relevant to
identified pathways for specific grant programs and employers who
offer living wage employment opportunities.
- Provide follow-up with employers and develop intervention plans
when issues or problems arise with the client or at the
- Assist with providing informational orientations targeting
specific occupations to eligible candidates.
- Provide Safer Skills Training (SST), help develop an employment
portfolio and conduct mock interviews to help strengthen
participant interview skills.
- Attend Safer internal meetings as requested as well as
participating in assigned committees or task groups.
- Assist other team members as required; create excellent
professional relationships via collaboration with all internal QC
programs and teams. Stakeholder Outreach and Recruitment
- Attend presentations to justice partners and other referral
sources to introduce program, role within the program, and provide
directive for referral process.
- Conduct recruitment outreach with employers, workforce
partners, and the public to assist in client enrollment, training,
and career placement.
- Post program information on social media, hang flyers and
deliver leaflets to high traffic areas, including grocery stores,
barbershops, churches, etc.
- Attend community meetings representing Safer and respective
programs to network, collaborate on community-wide issues, and
participate in training opportunities. Tracking, Documenting, and
- Maintain employer data entry in Salesforce within 48 hours of
client engagement, including documenting in case notes, qualified
job leads, client contact, and follow-up on leads provided.
- Track all employer contact and submit regular progress reports
as requested by supervisor.
- Ensure files and entry into Salesforce are always audit-ready.
Conduct regular Quality Assurance self-audits on files and
database. Work with internal quality assurance team and program
manager to support on-site internal audits. Make corrective action
and program adjustments as necessary to maintain quality
expectations. Provide required documentation as requested for
internal and external audits.
- Provide month-end reporting to program manager detailing new
employer partners, client placements, interventions, and
- Contractual benchmarks are met or exceeded and adhere to all
Safer standards, including productivity and outcomes. Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Valid driver's license, access to a vehicle, and valid
insurance required for job-related travel
- Knowledge of workforce development activities; knowledge of the
sector and employment opportunities relevant to Safer clients
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal
skills. Ability to persuade and present information to employers
and other Safer constituents in small and large group
- Knowledge of connecting and placing people in employment that
have barriers to employment, managing data, and delivering
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
applications. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Two years successful experience in developing relationships
with employers; excellent sales and presentation skills. Prior
sales experience a plus.
- Experience in building partnerships and reciprocal
relationships with stakeholders, customers, and community
- Backgrounds similar to the population served are especially
desirable. Licenses and or Certifications: No special license or
certification is required for this Position Safer Foundation is a
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative
www.saferfoundation.org Opens a New Window.
No Phone Calls Please
Keywords: SAFER FOUNDATION, Davenport , Employer Development Specialist, Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!