Med Aide-Part Time
Location: Fort Madison
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Kensington in Fort Madison, IA is hiring for
a Part-Time Med Aide! We are Agemark Senior Living Communities and
for the third consecutive year, we are certified #12 in Fortune
Best Workplaces for Aging Services 2021! In this Part-Time Med Aide
position, you'll be responsible for providing medication to
residents and following procedures and statutes regarding
dispensing medication, recording, and observing for side effects.
You'll be working with the elderly and helping to oversee nursing
services. Work to create an environment you would want for YOUR own
loved one! Part-Time Med Aide position details: As a Med Aide, the
core of your job will be to provide medications, document in the
EMR system, watch for side effects and assist residents with ADLs
within a healthcare environment.
- Provide medications for another person according to the Five
Rights. Knowledge of medication, dosage, and terminology.
- Record medication provision. Proficient computer skills needed.
40-hour medication course or higher education required. Passed Med
Tech Test and be listed on Registry.
- Observe, monitor, report, and otherwise take appropriate
actions regarding desired side effects, interactions, and
contraindications associated with the medication.
- Dispense oral; sublingual, buccal, oral sprays, inhalation,
including inhalers, nebulizers, and oxygen inhalation, topical
application of sprays, creams, ointments, lotions and patches,
instillation by drops, ointments, or sprays into the eyes, ears,
- Assist residents with activities of daily living as outlined in
the resident service plan and within the parameters of State and
- Display willingness to be instructed regarding agency policy
and procedures for medication administration; evaluated regarding
routine medication administration, PRN medication administration,
and extra activities by a licensed health care professional.
- Timely reporting to the licensed health care professional with
any questions about resident's medication or health. Maintain
confidentiality about residents, prospective residents, facility
operations and personnel.
- Integrity, accuracy, problem solving, and communication needed
at all levels. IOWA law states: Medication aides must have
completed a department-approved medication aide or medication
manager course along with passing the subsequent examination before
giving medication to our residents. Assessment of Medication Aide
must be conducted by a licensed health care professional.We believe
in taking care of our employees by offering:
- Competitive earnings
- Dental and Vision benefits including paid life insurance
- 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- PTO Accrual on DAY 1
- Double pay on Holidays
- Employee Assistance program
- Tuition Reimbursement along with licensure and certification
- Professional Development courses
- Free meals 1x a day during your shift
- Membership with company discounts. 20%-70% off on tickets,
hotels, car rentals, travel, groceries, wellness, and wireless
- Referral bonusesSince 1987, at Agemark, we believe people heal
and grow best when they feel like part of a loving family. It's the
foundation for our approach to senior care and it's also how we
choose, train, and care for our staff emphasizing growth and
whole-person wellness. Experience matters. Learning from it gives
you perspective and wisdom. Agemark Senior Living Communities
embraces FOUR core values: Professionalism, Commitment, Integrity,
and Compassion. If you believe in doing what feels right, advocate
for our elderly community, and want to be part of our Great Place
to Work, we would love to hear from you. We are in the fastest
growing industry. Apply with us at www.agemark.com and be a part of
our organization where it's our job to create a purposeful life for
our loved ones and be the change we all want to see in our world.
Keywords: Agemark, Davenport , Med Aide-Part Time, Other , Fort Madison, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!