CDL Class A Delivery Driver - Entry Level $27.45
Company: Performance Food Group
Location: Rock Island
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Why Performance Foodservice - TPC Here's Why
- We Feed Dreams...
- $27.45 per hour for drivers with 6+ months delivery
- $26.45 per hour for drivers with less than six months delivery
experience with an increase to $27.45 after three months.
- High performing, growing location with a great team!
- A well maintained fleet.
- We are the second largest national foodservice distribution
company in the country with a local family feel!
- Competitive pay (+ safety bonus) and benefits.
- Be a part of helping the restaurants you love build their
Performance Foodservice will hire and train individuals who hold
a valid Class A license with 0+ years of experience and enter them
into our Associate Driver training program. Driver Associates will
perform driver duties that will allow them to gain the necessary
experience to qualify for a Professional Driver position with
Performance Foodservice after successfully completing the
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Deliver the right products to customer accounts, in a
professional, safe and timely manner, using a multitude of methods
including manual lifting, use of two wheel dolly, ramps, and/or
carts in multi-temperature environments.
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle,
including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight
trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans
with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of
- Operate vehicles in congested areas with limited space and
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation
regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances,
Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation,
Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle
Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with
Department of Transportation Regulations.
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature
product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods
including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required
to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up
instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to
Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes
can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable
Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies
through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Perform all other projects and duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance after 30 days
- Generous 401k Contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL A
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Attains or has valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to
secure new DOT Health Card
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or
other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of
varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges
from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90
pounds, depending on the location
- Internal applicants must meet requirements outlined in the PFG
Entry Level Driver Trainee or Dock to Driver Training Program
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Davenport , CDL Class A Delivery Driver - Entry Level $27.45, Other , Rock Island, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!