Fire Installation Technician
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What you will do
This skilled position involves installing, programming,
troubleshooting, configuring, commissioning, and servicing Fire
Alarm Systems, Access Control and CCTV Systems as well as other
related building system products at customer sites. Including panel
repair/reprogram, device replacement/repair, resolving low voltage
circuit troubles and system testing. Organize and effectively
utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to
assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks. Position involves
the programming of fire alarm, security, and access control system
panels, but will primarily focus on networked fire alarm
How you will do it
- Perform installation/programming on integrated security and
fire alarm systems.
- Responds to customer service calls in a timely and efficient
manner, troubleshoots and repairs as needed.
- Will be required to participate in after-hours service
- Communicates with central dispatch on current work order status
and receives updates on outstanding customer issues.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals,
specifications, software/systems programs, schematics, and
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet
customer and contract specification.
- Completes necessary certification courses on internal and
external products used.
- Complete and submit all required task-related, activity,
productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
What we look for
- 3+ years documented experience in low voltage electrical
systems, including Fire/Life Safety Systems, Access Control, CCTV,
and Security Systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals,
and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage,
digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such
as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to lead & work well with team members.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines
and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability
to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by
National, State and Local codes.
- Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Working knowledge of electronic and digital test
- Basic understanding of Network concepts and architectures.
- Extended knowledge of DOS and Windows.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a short period of
- Two-year Associates Degree in Electronics; Network; Computer
Science or related field.
- NICET level II or ability to obtain in first year.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Davenport , Fire Installation Technician, Other , Bettendorf, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!