Posted on: June 12, 2021
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), headquartered in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and
extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that
advance the ground transportation, aerospace, industrial, packaging
and building and construction markets. In 2020, the businesses of
Arconic Corporation reported annual revenue of $5.7 billion.
Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced
manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality,
efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and
We have an immediate opening for a Metallurgical Technician.
This position provides the technical knowledge and support to
ensure the metallurgical understanding of critical processes and
products for the ingot casting & RAP department. This support
includes metallurgical practice determination, quality systems
process improvement, and molten metal & ingot product testing and
inspection. The role also serves as Quality help chain for Teams
Main Activities/Role Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with quality requirements for molten metal
- Evaluation and disposition of process and product for
compliance to metallurgical and quality standards
- Tactical engagement and support for crews to aid in pit set
ups, sampler maintenance, mold shop support, and VPM adherence
- Cast report disposition
- Trouble shooting and metallurgical practice adjustments to
improve pit recovery
- Operator training and quality coaching
- Quality Star Point Support
- Molten metal quality testing and equipment maintenance
- Metallurgical project support
Metallurgical & Quality Assurance Leadership
- Ensures that quality systems in their area are performing
correctly and reacts to exceptions, especially systems and
processes impacting product integrity.
- Helps maintain critical processes including molten metal
ABS and Technical Leadership
- Supports process and product improvement initiatives utilizing
the appropriate quality and ABS tools within a manufacturing
- Supports quality system activities within a manufacturing or
- Provides support in capability and compliance technical
- Develops an understanding critical process and product
- Develops an understanding of business objectives and cost
- Working knowledge of ABS and problem-solving skills.
- Develops rapport with crew members and works effectively on
- Attention to detail, and strong interpersonal and communication
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one (1) years of manufacturing experience.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- Associate degree from an accredited institution.
- Aluminum manufacturing experience with basic understanding of
different aluminum alloy compositions.
- Experience with the application of lean manufacturing
principles in a manufacturing setting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with "out of the box"
- Effective listening skills.
- Experience working in a union environment.
Keywords: Arconic, Davenport , Metallurgical Technician, Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!