Company: Scott County Family YMCA
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Instructor provides enjoyable, high quality and safe
instruction in specified sport to all individuals enrolled in the
- Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and live the YMCA
mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
- Begin and end class on time; remain after class to answer
participant or parent questions as needed.
- Convey information on specified programs and schedules and, as
appropriate, refer students and parents to other programs.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with students,
parents, volunteers and staff; encourage parent involvement and
identifying potential volunteers (for competitive teams).
- Gather feedback from members and share with supervisor to
- Maintain, clean, organize and put away needed class equipment;
report any facility or equipment irregularities, unsafe conditions
or feedback to supervisor verbally and in writing.
- Submit completed records on time (i.e. attendance, progress
- Report any accidents, concerns, equipment troubles immediately.
Fill out incident reports when needed and submit to
- Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary
YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual
- Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other
Requirements and attend all in-service and staff meetings.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures of YMCA of the Iowa
- Regular and timely adherence to schedule/meetings;
schedule/meetings should reflect the needs of the branch and team;
including evenings and weekends. Follow established procedures for
absences and secure approval from supervisor of a sub when
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School degree preferred
- Prior experience in the specified sport required (gymnastics,
cheer, tumbling, etc.)
- Able to lead and coach teams and individuals and have the
ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity, patience,
dependability, sound judgment and the desire to work with all
- Must be able to relate to and work with diverse groups of
people in a friendly and consistent manner.
- Must work collaboratively as a team member as well as
independently and lead by assigned goals, duties and deadlines.
Must exhibit initiative in the absence of supervision.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance at all
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to pass background check
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification*
- Mandatory Reporter*
- Note: The * noted certification training programs must be
obtained within 30 days of hire, if not currently certified. Some
are available through employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to routinely perform the following
physical activities as dictated by the sport; run, climb stairs,
bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand, walk and
perform moderate physical activity for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger
dexterity, grasp and perform repetitive motions. While performing
the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk,
see close and far range and hear. Must possess mental alertness,
problem solving and task management skills; ability to make
independent and sound decisions in a rapidly changing
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to small children and program
equipment. The noise level in the work environment can vary from
quiet to moderate depending upon the number of participants and
activities occurring in the facility. This position works in a
variety of environments, which can include, but are not limited to,
sports complexes, schools, and gymnasiums.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y
membership and participation in the Y retirement program! (must
meet hourly eligibility requirements)
PAY RATE: $10.00/hr
Keywords: Scott County Family YMCA, Davenport , Gymnastics Instructor, Other , Bettendorf, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!