Welder - Kewanee, IL
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Services is immediately hiring Welders to work at Great
Dane Trailers in Kewanee, IL. All openings are temp-to-hire and
will convert to permanent employment after a 60 day probationary
- Shifts:--1st & 2nd Shift Monday-Friday (Some OT on Saturday s
Mandatory)1st Shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm2nd Shift: 3:30pm -
- Fabricates assemblies that are used in building a trailer by
using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Supplies area with various materials that are used in building
assemblies by using an overhead crane, hand / powered carts, or
lifting and carrying materials by hand.--
- Sets the welding machine parameters, including the gas,
voltage, amperage and wire speed. Makes minor adjustments to
welding equipment as needed.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles,
and tack- welds parts.--
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Observes all safety and security procedures.
- Performs other routine duties as necessary.--
- Process Standard
- Employee must be able to operate various welding machines,
including a wire-feed welder.--
- Employee must be able to use pneumatic tools for grinding and
- Employee must be able to accurately read a tape measure.
- Employee must be able to perform the physical requirements
listed in that section of this job description.
- Employee must be able to perform and remember how to perform
multiple tasks from day to day.
- Employee must look for potential cost savings in the work
process, help keep scrap and waste to a minimum and be efficient in
use of all supplies.
- Time Standard
- Time standard is dependent on the process being performed,
customer specification, volume and location.
- Quantity Standard
- The employee must perform the assigned tasks in a manner in
which they meet or exceed the required production level.--
- The quantity of units, parts, assemblies and/ or installations
that is expected will vary with the process being performed,
customer specification, volume and location.
- Quality Standard
- Welder must inspect his/her product as instructed by standard
- Components must meet or exceed weld quality standards.
- The Quality department inspects the trailer at the end of the
line for defects. Defects are reported back to the department and
investigated for cause and effect.-- An employee found to have
caused a quality issue will be instructed on proper procedures and
applicable disciplinary action will occur when necessary.--
- QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual
must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential
functions and skills listed below.--
- Supervisory Requirements:
- Must be able to perform work with little supervision.
- May be asked to assist in the training of new employees.
- Education / Experience Requirements:
- GED or high school diploma is preferred.
- Previous metal fabrication experience or training is a
- Previous welding experience or training is required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure.-- Must be competent
in math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide measurements.
- Ability to read blue prints and manufacturing orders.
- Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented
situations following supervisor's instruction.
- Aptitude to learn and retain new information.--
- Ability to follow instructions, given either verbally or in
- Must be a self-starting individual.
- Must be able to pass MIG Welding test which consists of
vertical overhead, horizontal welds and use of cutting torch.--
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.--
- Physical Qualifications:
- Ability to stand and move about on concrete 8-12 hours a
- Ability to see, walk, bend, reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist,
crawl, carry, climb, work overhead, push and pull.
- Ability to do heavy lifting ( --50 --pounds) multiple times
daily in a 8 to 12 hour shift.
- Ability to maneuver large parts and assemblies (up to 100
pounds) by pushing, pulling and flipping them into place.
- Physical requirement includes a medical questionnaire that
assesses pulmonary health as related to welding and wearing
Personal protective equipment. Further examination of pulmonary
health may be required based upon the responses in the
- The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.--
- Work Environment:
- Employees must wear all mandated PPE due to:
- Potential for scrapes, punctures and cuts,
- Metal shavings or other debris falling in eyes,
- Light radiation burns,
- Pinch points,
- Possible respiratory hazards including exposure to airborne
- Heavy objects that may fall,
- High noise level in the plant.NOTE:--For immediate
consideration, please click apply today and contact Bryan at
email@example.com or 309-213-1741As a Kelly Service
employee's, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage
available to eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation spending accountsWhat's NextIf you apply for
this position, a Kelly recruiter will contact you directly if your
skills and experience match what our clients are looking for. For
immediate consideration, please click apply today and contact Bryan
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-213-1741. If you're not
contacted, you're still on our radar. Once you've applied for one
of our jobs, or if you've ever worked for us before, you're a part
of our talent network, and that means all Kelly recruiters have
access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even
further.#TJP2021_PNIWhy Kelly--?You're looking to keep your career
moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that.
Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier
companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive.
Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit
right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It
all adds up.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about
what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to
reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Davenport , Welder - Kewanee, IL, Other , Kewanee, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!