Claims Representative - Entry Level
Posted on: September 3, 2020
OVERVIEWWhen you enjoy helping others, people can tell.
Especially the customers at Sentry, because thats our business. Our
award-winning workplace needs more individuals like you. Those who
like thinking on their feet while juggling lots of plates in the
air. Real multi-taskers who can keep one eye on the job at hand
without ever losing sight of our customersand what it takes to
provide outstanding service. If that sounds like you, you sound
like a good fit for us.
At Sentry, our business operates around helping others with
commercial or consumer claims. We market our non-standard auto and
motorcycle insurance under Dairyland and we are looking to expand
our dynamic team of Claims Representatives to support and assist
these areas. If you want to make an impact on different lives apply
now for our non-standard auto claims representative
opportunity.WHAT YOU'LL DOAs a Claims Representative on one of our
teams youll have the opportunity to:
- Verify that our customers have coverage
- Investigate and gather information about claims by contacting
all parties involved
- Accurately document all decisions, correspondences, reports,
- Gain experience in determining liability and setting
- Evaluate your investigations to make decisions about the
- Learn about determining if subrogation exists and taking steps
necessary for recovery
- Resolve claims in the best interests of the insured, the
claimant, and Sentry
WHAT IT TAKES
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payments
procedures and familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- The desire, ability and interpersonal savvy to handle a
fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Effective oral and written communication and human-relations
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in
- Effective computer skills
- Bilingual skills a plus, Spanish preferred
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVEThere is a reason why Sentry made Forbes list of
Americas Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry,
we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall
satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we
provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company
culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are
some benefits that youll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
HOW YOULL APPLYIf you are interested in joining Sentrys team,
select the one position that you are most interested in being
considered for and complete your online application details. If you
have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your
email address and password. If this is your first time applying,
youll need to create an account. Please complete your application
and upload your resume online.NEXT STEPOnce you complete the online
employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete
a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links
and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate
emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both
items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.ABOUT
SENTRYAll of us at Sentrymore than 4,000 associateshave various
talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on
our promises to our policyholders every day. Were proud to offer a
full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to
help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and
service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to
claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a
rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for
ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We
got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, were one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. Were rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.EQUAL
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIt is our policy that there be no
discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual
orientation.TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALISTThank you for your
interest in Sentry!
Keywords: Sentry, Davenport , Claims Representative - Entry Level, Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!