For over 60 years, Blain’s Farm & Fleet has maintained our
commitment to offer customers high quality products, reliable
service, and competitive prices. We were recognized for the second
year in a row on Forbes magazine’s 2019 list of America’s Best
Mid-Size Employer. Currently with 42 store locations across
Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan, we are a private,
family-owned specialty discount retailer with a track record of
never closing a store location. Blain’s actively gives back to the
community through local donations, as well as supporting the
American Heart Association for over 25 years. Our work culture is
family-oriented, shown by our closing for major holidays. As our
company expands, you could be the next talented, forward-thinking
member to join our team.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Parental leave
• Associate discount program
• 401(k) retirement plan & profit-sharing program
• Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Short- and long-term disability and Life Insurance
• Relocation assistance
Whether you’re just starting out on your career or looking for a
change, we want you to bring your passion and experience to Blain’s
Farm and Fleet. We strive to ensure that our work environment is
positive, challenging, and rewarding while offering our associates
exceptional career growth potential.
Interested? Apply today!
The Service Advisor will perform automotive services in a timely
and efficient manner while providing quality customer service.
There are three Service Technician positions with regard to level
of expertise and duties assigned. Associates will be trained to
achieve Level I status.
• Assist customers with their purchases in a customer service
and sales focused environment.
• Utilize computers to determine product inventory levels and
product arrival dates. Utilize computers and VAST system to set up
work orders for customers, schedule service work and communicate to
the service department.
• Explain work orders and invoices to customers.
• Perform Retail Cashier Duties by obtaining and processing
• Install batteries, balance wheels, repair and install tires
• Perform oil changes using LOF procedures when required.
• Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and
safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to interpret vehicle inspection results and make
appropriate service recommendations to customers.
• Must have great communication skills
• Ability to work evenings when needed and at least every other
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background
• Ability to read and speak English
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers and
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Prior auto repair experience is preferred
• Prior retail experience preferred