Company: CGH Medical Center
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Position Purpose: Demonstrates proficiency in administering the
fundamentals of the nursing process, contributes to the nursing
assessment and the development of the nursing care plan, and
participates in the evaluation of nursing care within an assigned
unit, department or specialty area. Shares responsibility with
other health care disciplines. Essential Functions:
- Ensures optimal patient care utilizing the nursing
- Maintains patient records and documents to ensure an accurate
record of the patient's medical and nursing care.
- Administers and controls narcotics, medications and IV
therapies in accordance with the Registered Nurse, Nurse Practice
- Assesses and plans patient/family education and discharge
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations
- Accountable for problem solving to including initiating,
delegating and evaluating patient care team functions.
- Promotes an environment conducive to professional practice by
functioning as a role model and resource person for other patient
services team members.
- Practices competencies in nursing skills based upon current
scientific knowledge. Specialized Know-How & Requirements:
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure required.
- In-depth working knowledge of current concepts, principles and
procedures used in patient care within an acute care setting,
- Demonstrates ability to document patient needs and
- Basic Computer knowledge required.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding required.
- Prior knowledge of drawing blood required.
- Thorough knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care
appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on
assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth
and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able
to assess and interpret data about the patients' status in order to
identify each patient's needs and provide the appropriate care,
including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric,
adolescent, and geriatric patient group.
Keywords: CGH Medical Center, Davenport , Registered Nurses, Other , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!