Field Service Technician
Company: TE Connectivity
Posted on: April 16, 2019
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and
manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and
connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and
sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled
advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical
technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000
employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside
customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION
COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat
TE Application Tooling, the oldest division of TE Connectivity, is
credited with the invention of the first solderless crimp hand tool
first developed in 1941, and is an integral component of the TE s
value proposition today. Our goal is to provide our customers with
high quality, innovative products and services that drive speed,
flexibility and value. To achieve these goals, it starts with
creating a world-class team of professionals dedicated to
delivering excellence. With 26 manufacturing and distribution
centers worldwide, Application Tooling is truly a global supplier
of tooling solutions. From the very hand tool for the US Military
through automated tooling solutions for major automotive customers
like GM and Ford, TE s Application Tooling division has been making
innovative, specialized tooling for wire harness and PC board
manufacturers for more than seven decades. Whether you are
connecting a wire to a terminal or a terminal to a PC board, making
a reliable electrical connection requires highly engineered tools.
Simply put, TE Connectivity is the original pioneer and developer
of electrical connections and today continues to lead with tomorrow
s innovation, not imitation!
TE Connectivity s Field Application Engineering Teams work
intimately with customers to recommend products and solutions for
new and existing applications. They identify new applications,
requirement modifications and enhancements to meet customer
specifications and conduct on-site installation and service of
product and are responsible for all technical aspects of the sales
cycle for potential application of company products to meet
customer needs, including identifying opportunities; determining
solutions; creating demand; preparing detailed product
specifications and technical marketing support; ensuring high
quality and timely project execution and conducting follow-up
technical support. They also approve operational quality of systems
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Analyzes and resolves problems on TE equipment and product due
to such factors as improper application, poor maintenance and
quality control, failed parts, etc.
2. Performs preventative maintenance, inspection, and calibration
service on TE equipment.
3. Travels (both domestic and international) to customer locations
and training centers to provide/receive on-site technical support
4. Provides formal training programs on TE equipment to
5. Analyzes and evaluates warranty problems on customer equipment.
Determines if defective and recommends corrective action.
6. Recommends changes to tooling or product designs in order to
meet customer's application or quality requirements.
7. Promotes AT tooling by making new equipment and service offering
recommendations. Works closely with all TE groups to increase
8. Identify, evaluate and develop sales leads for new products,
extensions of existing products and new sales channels for
9. Develop and maintain relationships at multiple levels in the
customer base to position TE as a strategic partner to the
10. Collect and evaluate market information, competitive
intelligence and communicate to AT management in the form of weekly
and or project reviews via daily interfacing with customers
11. Participate in trade/product shows, seminars, industry trade
organizations, district and regional sales meetings in order to
identify opportunities of where application tooling can support for
new and existing technologies
12. Utilizes and maintains equipment customer manuals, equipment
training outlines, and field engineering bulletins when providing
service and training.
13. Prepares and submits complete, accurate, and timely reports
related to service activities, service scheduling, and service
14. Uses all available communication tools to inform and be
informed of all service and sales related activities, issues, and
15. Keeps abreast of new product and service developments within
the customer's plants and reports them back to management.
16. May become master instructor for the A-620 standard and provide
customer on-site certification training.
17. Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and code of
18. Completely understands the AT service policy and utilizes it to
grow service revenue.
19. Performs any special tasks assigned by management.
Requirements & Qualifications The ideal candidate must have:
* Strong customer service orientation
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally and to
influence without direct authority
* Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
* Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish
multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and
solve problems independently
* Embraces a positive can-do attitude in all situations
* Proficient computer skills (i.e. Power Point , Excel, Word,
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Davenport , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!