MFG Software Engineering Intern
Company: The Raymond Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
As a Co-Op in Connected Manufacturing, you will be treated as a
self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for
support. You will be responsible for designing and creating Python
code that can properly interpret machine data inputs and generate
actionable information. You will work with SQL databases for data
storage and retrieval. Depending on your skillset, you may assist
with PowerBI reporting.
- Design and develop python code that can read and interpret
machine data streams and produce normalized outputs
- Verify that the outputs of your code match reality by visually
monitoring the machine and comparing to code output.
- Create SQL queries to read from and write to databases
- Design and develop HMIs to allow collection of data directly
from shop floor associates, and provide visual feedback.
- Train other engineers & shop floor associates on how to use the
systems you have designed.Your Department:
Connected Manufacturing is responsible for implementing Industry
4.0 across all of the company's facilities. The team uses
cutting-edge software tools to collect and interpret data, and
present it in actionable form to those who can use it to improve
processes across our company. As a member of the team, you will
collaborate across departments and sites to help further our [the]
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- A strong desire to be hands-on and spend time on the production
floor understanding machine outputs
- A working knowledge of software
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e.
manufacturing operators, engineers, leadership staff)
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward
- A working knowledge of Jython/Python (we use Jython)
- A working knowledge of SQL (we use MS SQL)
- A working knowledge of Ignition (by Inductive Automation)
- Strong presentation skills - comfortable presenting to a
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree, starting or already in
their third year of a five-year program.
- This is an entry-level position; no previous experience is
required.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Raymond Corporation, Davenport , MFG Software Engineering Intern, IT / Software / Systems , Muscatine, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!