Director of Behavioral health
Company: The Arc of the Quad Cities Area
Location: Rock Island
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Arc of the Quad Cities Area
JOB TITLE: Director of Behavioral Health
Provide assessment, analysis, and intervention in regards to
research-based positive behavioral supports for people with
intellectual and/or developmental disabilities with co-occurring
mental health or behavioral concerns. Work with individuals served,
staff, and family on implementing positive intervention strategies
and techniques through the development of behavior support plans.
Monitor the agency's overall behavioral health strategies and
communicate effectively with the interdisciplinary team of
REPORTS TO:Associate Executive Director of Residential, Community
and Clinical Supports
LOCATION: The Arc Building
- Actively support and further the Mission of The Arc of the Quad
Cities Area. "To empower people with disabilities to believe in
their own unique abilities and achieve their full potential by
providing quality, innovative services that focus on advocacy,
independence, employment, meaningful community life and personal
- Develop positive behavioral support plans that are readily
available to be implemented in the natural settings that occur
throughout each person's day. Behavioral supports should be
individually designed and positive, emphasize learning, offer
choice and social integration, be culturally appropriate, and
include modifying environments as needed.
- If the intervention has not produced substantial progress
toward the intended goal within 90 days, analyze the potential
barriers to implementation and/or change the behavior support plan
- Analyze available data to help determine where, when, and why
problem behaviors occur. Directly observe the individual served in
all relevant settings completing a functional assessment of the
behavior and the circumstances under which it occurred.
- Engage in a coaching and learning approach that effectively
supports DSPs and individuals. Collaborate with staff and families
to improve communicative, social, educational and behavioral
outcomes for all individuals. Train, coach and facilitate
understanding of each plan so they may be implemented in a person
- Maintain a caseload of individuals with positive behavior
support plans monitoring effectiveness. Ensure that program
documentation protocols are complied with and progress notes are
entered into Therap on a timely basis and in accordance with
established organizational procedures.
- Work in partnership with staff members across the agency
regarding assigned individual's progress attending meetings, record
reviews, and informal discussions as appropriate.
- Conduct training for professional development on behavior
management, positive behavior plans, trauma informed care, data
collection techniques, social skills or other targeted agency
- Prepare written reports as needed for DHS, outside psychiatric
professionals, community stakeholders, etc.
- Provide consultation to mental health professionals,
organizations, schools or other agencies outside of The Arc of the
Quad Cities Area.
- Pursue training to maintain and improve professional skills and
stay current on the most recent evidence-based procedures that will
prevent challenging behaviors, teach new skills that may replace
challenging behaviors, prevent the on-going reward of challenging
behavior, reinforce positive behavior and ensure safety of people
- Attend meetings and training sessions, and perform other duties
- Must be either a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (preferred)
with a valid Illinois clinical psychologist license or a Board
Certified Behavior Analyst with the Behavior Analytic Certification
- Maintain CEU requirement to retain approved certification or
- Obtain and maintain in good standing certification commiserate
with treatment provided.
- Experience working with dual diagnosis preferred.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to synthesize a variety of
clinical and social data to determine appropriate diagnosis,
treatment plan and monitor effectiveness of treatment
- Two years of postgraduate clinical experience preferred but not
- Understanding of State and Federal regulations relative to
behavioral requirements and individuals with intellectual and
- Solid communication skills and openness to feedback are
- Organization and self-sufficiency to successfully perform
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000 Annual
Keywords: The Arc of the Quad Cities Area, Davenport , Director of Behavioral health, Healthcare , Rock Island, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!