CNA - FT/PT Days (1st Shift)
Company: Wesley Life
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Job Description Statement of Purpose: Assists residents with all
aspects of physical care and daily living activities. Allows
residents to function at maximum capabilities and communicates with
resident in a respectful and empathetic manner so that the
resident's individuality and rights are promoted and maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and checks assignments for daily care and notes each
resident's schedule. Follows resident's care plan, schedule, and
assignments as directed, maintaining a smooth flowing schedule and
work environment. Seeks clarification of assignments with charge
nurse as needed.
- Communicates with residents any actions to be taken, reality
orientation, prescribed or therapeutic approaches, physical care
plans, transfers, schedule changes, etc. so that residents are
informed and comfortable prior to the activity. Engages in friendly
conversation with the residents while providing cares.
- Notifies residents of meal times and/or assists residents to
the proper dining locations, serves meals to residents, and assists
with feeding and clean up of residents as appropriate.
Encourage/prompt residents to eat as appropriate. Cleans up eating
area upon completion of the meal. May assist with the preparation
of meal trays as needed.
- Performs bathing functions as assigned and in accordance with
established nursing procedures. Assists residents with dressing,
dental and mouth care, hair care, facial hair removal, eyewear and
cleaning, hearing devices, etc. as needed. Applies make-up and
personal toiletries as desired by the resident. Maintains
residents' normal appearance, dignity and privacy at all
- Ambulates residents needing assistance with walking and
provides encouragement to independent residents of the need to
ambulate as appropriate. Assists residents with walking devices and
wheelchairs, performing adjustments as needed to suit the
- Records/charts all resident data specific to feeding, sleep
cares, activities, blood pressure, weight, temperature,
bladder/bowel movements, restraints, etc. in a timely and efficient
manner according to established nursing procedures.
- Routinely conducts checks on residents in accordance with
nursing procedures. Maintains privacy by knocking before entering a
resident's room. Repositions residents' in bed every two hours if
unable to move independently. Assists with residents' requests and
provides a comfortable environment by adjusting lighting, bedding,
- Performs routine clean up of residents living area and personal
products, makes/changes beds, hangs up clothing, labels resident
belongings, properly treats/disposes of soiled linens, items,
- Answers all resident calls promptly and courteously and
responds appropriately. Answer departmental phones as assigned to
ensure prompt service to the callers. Refers all visitor/family
inquiries about resident conditions to a nurse.
- Performs toileting and peri-care as directed by the care
- Coordinates care plans and communicates all pertinent
information with staff from the next shift. Notifies the charge
nurse prior to leaving the area for any reason, including the end
of the shift.
- Follows the proper lifting instructions to provide the utmost
safety for the residents. Practices proper lifting techniques, uses
designated lift equipment, and follows the procedure for the
required number of assistants to conduct lifting/ transfers.
- Performs all safety procedures as required by the OSHA,
standards and internal safety and nursing standards, such as using
the proper protective equipment, utilizing and operating all
equipment/devices safely, reporting occupational exposures to
blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals.
Practices proper hand washing techniques routinely.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to carry out the proper
emergency plans. Must promptly report any incidents of resident
verbal/physical abuse to the supervisor.
- Maintains state/federal requirements of 12 hours of additional
training by attending all scheduled and required in-service
- Maintains the confidentiality of the resident by not discussing
his/her care plans, personal data, conversations, daily habits,
etc. with anyone other than the supervisor.
- Ensures that all residents are provided a comfortable,
stress-free environment by not engaging the residents in employee's
personal or work-related problems.
- Promotes a team environment by routinely assisting other staff
as needed in completing their care plans, conducting
lifts/transfers, and assisting with meals. Encourages a positive
work atmosphere by exercising courtesy, respect, and cooperation
with team members.
- May perform other duties as needed, but not limited to stocking
shelves, taking supply inventories, practicing economy in the use
materials and utilities, participating in orientations and
mentoring programs, etc. Job Requirements KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Must have a nursing assistant certification as verified through
the various registries and have relevant training in all aspects of
certified nursing assistant responsibilities.
- Must have an acceptable background check and no record of adult
- Must have a caring, compassionate ability to work with older
- Must be willing to work in and support a teamwork
- Must have the ability to manage multiple functions under stress
and with changing priorities.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function. MENTAL AND
- Must be able to function effectively under time constraints and
- Must be able to make sound judgments in problem
- Interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be able
to use tact, diplomacy and cooperation in all relationships.
- Must have ability to read, write and speak fluent English, and
relate well to all levels of contacts.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift up to 50 pounds
on a routine basis.
- Must be able to remain standing on one's feet and/or walk for
long, extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver between multiple floors and travel
distances throughout the facility/campus.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and reach as needed to perform
routine work duties.
- May be subject to exposure to infectious diseases, contaminated
materials, physical contact by residents, etc.
- Must have ability to pass a physical examination upon
employment and every four years thereafter.
- Must have a Mantoux TB test upon employment and every four
years thereafter. A chest film will be required every two years for
positive reactions to Mantoux testing..
Keywords: Wesley Life, Davenport , CNA - FT/PT Days (1st Shift), Healthcare , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!