Quality Assurance Manager
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Position Summary: This position is chiefly responsible for
the overall quality of the parts produced and processes supporting
quality throughout the facility from inception to order through
shipping. The Quality Manager is required to lead rigorous problem
solving and action plans to improve overall quality. Analysis of
historical and current data is required. The Quality Manager leads,
directs, staffs, and develops quality control/assurance associates
and reports quality performance and costs to management and
corporate levels. This position reports to the Engineering Manager
and is a people/project leader with several multiple direct
reports. Essential Job Duties:
- Lead a cost-effective inspection system adequate to ensure the
quality of the products.
- Remain abreast of gauging, inspection, and statistical
- Manage all third-party and customer quality audits and
- Implement and coordinate corrective actions based on completed
audits and surveys.
- Function as the management representative for quality
- Engage with customers and suppliers as necessary to support
quality programs and/or issues and drive awareness of customer
requirements throughout the organization.
- Drive suppliers to improve overall quality and on-time
- Collect and analyze data with regard to internal rejections,
receiving inspection results, and customer certification issues
reporting results at management review meeting to initiate
- Initiate, lead, and maintain defect prevention and corrective
action programs based upon structured problem-solving efforts to
improve quality performance utilizing 5-why, 8D, and various
- Develop training programs to ensure quality requirements and
procedures are understood and met as well as to support development
of quality personnel and manufacturing leaders.
- Deploy and maintain TQMS and GQTS systems.
- Lead advanced product quality planning and customer PPAP
- Quality Auditing
- Quality Engineering
- Production Part Approval Process management
- Supplier Management
- Inspection & Gauging Techniques
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing process with excellent
systemic thinking abilities, strong root cause analysis, General
- Non- Destructive Testing(NDT)/Heat Treatment/Welding
- Statistical Analysis
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programming Education and/or
Experience: Minimum: Bachelor of Engineering, Business, or related
required. Master of Engineering, Business, or related
preferred.Manufacturing setting with roles in Lean, Quality, and/or
Auditing: Minimum 5 years; Preferred 7 yearsContinuous Improvement:
Minimum 2 years; Preferred 3 yearsCorporate Quality Role: Minimum 2
years; Preferred 3 yearsAll qualified applicants shall be treated
equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities,
experiences and other employment standards. There will be no
discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Davenport , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Fulton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...