Company: Kinseth Hospitality Companies
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Salary for this position is $60,000 - $65,000 per year depending
on experienceESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reinforces standards for hotel personnel administration and
performance in compliance with KHC policies/procedures, state,
federal and local laws; standards on service to patrons, room
rates, advertising, publicity, sales goals, credit, food selection
(depending on business unit) and service, and type of patronage to
- Oversees and manages the business unit's overall financial
performance including but not limited to: Revenue Management,
Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cash Handling and
Purchasing and communicates with corporate support staff as
- Develops and manages operating budgets in conjunction with
subordinate managers and Director of Operations.
- Ensures compliance with franchise agreements through regular
inspections of the quality and service programs, franchise required
reports are accurate filed on time, new standards and capital needs
are addressed and the guest relations cases are answered in a
- Monitors the recruitment, hiring, training, development and
orientation of all hotel employees. Oversees employee relations and
provides leadership for all staff members.
- Oversees and ensures compliance on safety training and programs
such as MSDS status, lock out tag out, safety committees,
blood-borne pathogens, prevention, fire/tornado procedures and
- Controls funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists in
planning budgets for departments.
- Oversees and ensures each employee understands and is offered
employee benefits during initial eligibility window or open
- Holds weekly staff meetings to ensure that regular and
consistent communication is taking place. Holds department heads
accountable for revenue and departmental meetings.
- Schedules and oversees the Manager on Duty (MOD) system at the
- Monitors and reports to the Director of Operations changes in
the local market and competitive trends that affect business unit
- Approves purchases of supplies and equipment within KHC
- Inspects guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside
grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Answers patrons' complaints and resolves problems quickly to
ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensures guest satisfaction through excellent customer service,
training and timely follow-up.KHC POLICIES Responsible for
following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC
handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies
include dress code, safety and performance standards. Employees
must also maintain a professional image and report to work as
scheduled.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages 1-10 subordinate
supervisors who supervise a total of 10-250 employees in the
Housekeeping Department, Maintenance Department, Food & Beverage
Department, Front Desk Department, and Sales Departments. Is
responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of these units. Also directly supervises 1-2 non-supervisory
employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at
all times to avoid injuries. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and . The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
Keywords: Kinseth Hospitality Companies, Davenport , General Manager, Executive , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!