Chain Assembly Manager
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.Position Summary: The Area Manager is responsible for
managing the overall manufacturing process from component to
finished assembly for the Diamond Chain Dept., consisting of Team
Leads, operators, and set up associates. This position provides
leadership and direction to operations leaders and associates in a
multi-zoned, multi-shift department in order to meet customer
demand. The position drives strategies for improvement in the areas
of safety, quality, delivery and cost through extensive continuous
improvement manufacturing process knowledge. The Area Manager
accomplishes these goals via the leadership and direction of
supervisory, production support, and team leader associates, and
via the indirect leadership of and in cooperation with operative
associates in their work area. The Area Manager works closely with
leaders providing growth and support in communication with and
motivating/leading people in a positive culture fostering the right
environment for positive success at all levels building teamwork
and maintaining team relations through professional challenges and
educating associates. Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for overall flow of the manufacturing process from
component to complete chain level for product lines, ensuring there
is a connection between internal suppliers and customers. Develop,
implement, and execute advanced equipment and manning capacity
models to ensure demand swings are met.
- Responsible for the development, planning and execution against
KPIs (safety, quality, cost, delivery, productivity, and morale),
as well as Takt production plan, and annual cost center
- Manage use of SAP tools for productivity results and
- Manage schedule execution for daily and weekly production
- Develop team and execute daily management and problem solving
- Drive safety initiatives and strategy for area of
responsibility and implement improvement plans. Ensure ongoing
operator safety and a safe work environment by promptly addressing
safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents, and proactively
involving associates in the continuous improvement of safety.
- Communicate regularly with direct and indirect reports across
regarding customer production requirements and key issues effecting
delivery including internal/external quality, equipment
status/availability, resource availability.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through lean practices
such as inventory reduction, flow day reduction, cost of
manufacturing. Demonstrate the responsibilities of a lean leader
and drive a lean culture in the facility. Ensure associates are
engaged and are participating in continuous improvement
- Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create
high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership. Lead
goal-setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career
development processes with associates. Identify training and needs
and create a training strategy to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure compliance with and communication of company policies
and procedures. Demonstrate Timken's core values and lead by
- Planning function to meet production and demand plans.
- Ensure equipment preventative maintenance. Minimum
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and communication skills
(verbal & written)
- Prior manufacturing management experience
- Experience developing equipment and manning capacity
- Strong systemic-thinking and advanced problem-solving
- Lean Manufacturing experience or certification.
- Production or materials planning experience.
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office including Excel, databases).
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing,
Engineering, or Business Administration required. Plus, 5-7 years
of applicable experience required. 20 or more years of relevant
experience in lieu of degree may suffice. All qualified applicants
shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Davenport , Chain Assembly Manager, Executive , Fulton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!