Civil Department Manager
Company: Stanley Consultants, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Stanley Consultants is currently seeking a Civil Department
Manager for our Federal Business Unit. The successful candidate
will lead a department of civil/transportation engineers, designers
and will be well versed in transportation (airfield and roadway),
site drainage, and site civil utilities design.The position may be
located in our Muscatine, IA or Phoenix, AZ offices.The candidate
will possess project experience with the Federal client base.This
position includes an administrative & leadership component in
addition to a member's technical role, which as a result is
accountable for department objectives established for the
performance of projects, the management and development of
department resources (including staff), the support of
marketing/business development, and the support of the technical
organization. Essential Duties include:
- Supervises and leads department staff members (local and
remote) to meet established objectives. Monitors all performance
indicators for the department including utilization, morale,
project performance, and member development.
- Manages all line organization functions assigned to the
department including personnel administration, project quality
assurance, project team support, technical organization support,
and business development support.
- Oversees member design duties on projects which require that
the successful candidate possess general knowledge of:
- airfield paving/grading design
- site civil/transportation design to support military
- site civil/transportation design to support Federal base
- site civil/transportation design to support architectural
- wide variety of other civil responsibility types
- project delivery types that may include:
- Collaborates and works with the Federal and Energy Client
Service Managers (CSM) regarding business development tasks to
assist in winning work for the Civil Department staff. Includes
drafting and reviewing civil scopes and fees for new
- Approves plans, programs, staff, and budgets recommended by
- Recommends plans, programs and resources, including capital
expenditures to meet line organization objectives.
- Oversees the way staff executes standards, procedures, and
policies established by the company.
- Ensures that all members are being educated on and follow the
requirements for project budgets in Vantagepoint (VP). Furthermore,
ensures that discipline leads and project leads maintain/update
project plans as appropriate and regularly.
- Recommends hiring, salaries, promotion, transfer, demotion, and
termination of department members to the Federal Market Group
- Responsible for and regularly reports department status,
results, and performance.
- Balances project workload within department and additionally
works with the Federal Business, Energy Business and Transportation
Market leadership to identify and organize workshare assignments to
further balance workload and utilize resources across the
- Onboards new members.
- Collaborates with and guides department members in professional
goal development. Monitors member goal accomplishments.
- Performs mid-year and year end performance reviews for direct
- Serves as the Project Manager and/or Project Lead on projects
as required and meet personal utilization goal through those key
project assignments. Background Requirements Include:--
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required.
- Proven leadership, communication, mentoring and client liaison
- Working knowledge of current design software's used to prepare
engineering and design documents is not required but would be a
- Experience in and fully capable of using the Microsoft software
- Experience in and fully capable of using or learning the latest
remote communication software. Currently this is Skype for business
transitioning to Microsoft Teams.
- Experience in preparing technical approaches and work plans
(write ups) to support RFQ's and technical proposals.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and leverage relationships within the
- Ability to align key internal member experts with client
representatives to increase our relationship breadth, expand our
service offerings, and continue to grow new, productive
- Ability to support the delivery of projects to enhance client
- Understanding of and ability to support the corporate strategy,
business direction, and growth and profitability objectives .
- Understanding and ability to promote the company's core values,
brand and broad range of company services and diverse member
capabilities so to provide clients with the talent to meet their
needs and to help recruit key staff in support of the business
- Ability to promote an environment of collaboration,
accountability, and high performance within the proposal and
- Experience with US military building codes and standards (UFC)
and design experience not required but would be a plus. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stanley Consultants, Inc., Davenport , Civil Department Manager, Executive , Muscatine, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!