Shop Technician, Heavy
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Shop Technician, Heavy
Union or Non-Union
7:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Friday, overtime and weekends as
We are looking for an experienced technician to perform service and
repairs on construction equipment in a shop setting for Altorfer's
customers in the Davenport Area.
- Perform service and repairs on
Caterpillar and other types of heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair engine, hydraulic, electrical and all
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner to find diagnostic errors or
technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Establish and maintain a service oriented relationship with
customers and supervisors.
- Complete service reports in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a formal technical training program
with a minimum of three years' experience required.
- Must have engine, electrical & hydraulic diagnostic, trouble
shooting and repair skills.
- Computer literate. Must be familiar with programs such as
Microsoft, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to follow all safety rules and wear proper safety
equipment in the shop.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management
- Excellent planning & organizational skills required
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends when needed.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal)
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs and provide your own
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3
years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor
Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works in a shop/warehouse environment. May on a
continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 75 lbs. May be required
to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side
shields) when needed. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate to high. May intermittently sit at a desk for a
period of time to answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to
communicate through email. Must be flexible to work varying
schedules and hours as needed. The physical demands described above
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Why
Work for Altorfer? At Altorfer, our iron is just the beginning. Our
people make our company successful, and we would not be who we are
without them. As a third generation, family-owned company created
in 1957, we bring our values into how we do business. Everyone from
technicians, sales representatives, administrative professionals,
or somewhere in between is part of the "A-Team" and is crucial to
our success. Here at Altorfer, we have over 35 locations and 1300
employees with long tenure for you to learn from. We have a
collaborative, family valued culture, with a great reputation in
the industry. A company that offers competitive pay, excellent
benefits, and a remarkable team of people to work with.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Altorfer, Davenport , Shop Technician, Heavy, Engineering , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!