Company: Sears Manufacturing Co.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
FUNCTIONUnder the direction of the Lean Manufacturing
Engineering Mgr, the manufacturing engineer must study, conceive,
and design economical production processes of current and new
projects or redesigns, applying advanced manufacturing engineering
principals and sound economic justification.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESThis list of duties and responsibilities is not all
inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing system information and
- Work with product engineering to produce the most cost
effective and highest quality parts.
- Maintain process work instructions and related documents.
- Maintain support documents to the SMC Quality System.
- Prepare cost estimates for production processes.
- Communicate with production personnel to resolve daily
- Develop plant layouts to optimize production efficiencies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of goals and
plans of action consistent with company objectives.
- Develop machine requirements, followed by full quotations,
justifications, ROI calculations, and financial documents to
purchase and startup capital equipment.
- Act as liaison for equipment manufacturers and
- Write and edit programs in ladder logic or machine dialog.
At Sears Seating we believe in more than supplying superior seating
solutions backed by five generations of experience. We believe in
investing in our team and our sound practices and processes so that
our customers see the benefit. We spend our time researching,
developing, designing, testing and building, so our customers
receive quality products. We go the extra mile to deliver the
leading operator comfort and health in the work vehicle industry.We
take pride in employing the industry's leading technical experts
who drive our team forward and challenge us to think
futuristically. Our testing and quality assurance go beyond the
lab, our employees understand how to meet and exceed the needs of
operators, owners and drivers, because they have a technically
literate background in working with work vehicle equipment. Not
only do they dedicate time and energy to perform extensive research
on the human body, including analysis of the human scale, probe
testing, pressure mapping and ergonomics studies, they are
committed to gaining an in-depth understanding of each individual
industry Sears serves.It truly takes a team to serve our OEM
partners and customers well. From expert assemblers and dedicated
account managers to the level of creative research, development and
responsive customer service we strive to provide every day, Sears
Seating is one family, backed by decades of experience. No matter
what department an employee works in, they are supported and
encouraged by the entire team to reach new heights for our trusted
Keywords: Sears Manufacturing Co., Davenport , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!