Small Engine Mechanic (Full Time)
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Are you looking for a career where you can combine your
mechanical skills with customer service/problem solving skills?
What about an opportunity that leads you in new and exciting
directions, working for a growing family-owned company? You're one
step closer to making that life-changing choice - a choice that
will put you in a league of top talent, offer you exceptional
learning opportunities, and make you part of an exciting team. We
are searching for a Small Engine Mechanic to service and repair
products that are brought to the store for repair. The Mechanic
promotes customer relations and satisfaction by completing jobs on
schedule or connecting with customers, in a timely manner, to give
them updates on issues such as unattainable replacement parts and
warranty issues. The Mechanic is also responsible for sourcing
parts for stock and repairs and ordering parts. At Northern Tool &
Equipment We Offer:
- A fast growing nationwide brand - over 100 locations in 20
- Competitive wages plus commission.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- Supplied tools and uniforms.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee
assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of
companies - Northern Tool & Equipment, Kotulas.com, The Sportsman's
Guide.com, The Golf Warehouse.com, Soccersavings.com,
Baseballsavings.com, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.You
- At least one year of experience repairing and maintaining small
engines, large lawn equipment, generators, commercial pressure
washing units, mowers, tillers, and other related equipment with a
track record of success.
- The skills to clearly explain and communicate to the customer's
satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in a
professional manner to provide a positive experience.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness, while providing a
valued quality solution to the customer.
- The ability to recognize and observe all safety and security
procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment
and materials properly.
- The desire to treat others with respect and contribute to
building a positive team spirit.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and promptly
respond to direction.
- The drive to work with integrity, always upholding company
values, while operating a profitable service business. You Might
- Knowledge of small engine theory (2 and 4 stroke): lubrication,
cooling, ignition and fuel systems.
- Certifications in major manufacture brands like Honda, Kohler,
Briggs & Stratton, Generac, MTD, etc. Master certification is a
- Extensive experience with electrical systems, plunger driven or
axial pressure washer pumps and unloader systems, hydraulic theory,
and associated diagnostic equipment and procedures.
- Proven track record of business development - Business to
Business, Business to Consumer.
- Strong organizational and computer skills (fluent in Microsoft
Office products) #CB
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment, Davenport , Small Engine Mechanic (Full Time), Engineering , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!