Pleasant Valley Director of Secondary Education
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: March 19, 2023
PLEASANT VALLEY DIRECTOR OF SECONDARY EDUCATIONEnter your email
to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Director of Secondary Education
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Schools, to
implement, administer and maintain the school district's pupil
service programs and services in the areas of special education,
psychology, guidance, and social work in conformance with district
policies and state objectives; as well as applicable law to promote
a school environment conducive to individualized instruction,
cooperative curriculum development, and student learning.
To provide leadership in program development and improvement, as
well as in professional staff development in all pupil services
- Develops and administers school district's special services
programs consistent with school district goals and objectives, as
well as applicable law.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff with regard to the
ongoing evaluation and improvement of special education, guidance,
psychology and social work programs, and ESL, including curricular
and extra-curricular activities.
- Assigns all special education, guidance, social work and school
psychologist to ensure the most effective utilization and provision
of special services and programs.
- Supervises the PPT process, chairing PPT meetings or
collaborating with administrators and teaching staff as needed;
ensures IEP's are implemented.
- Serves as the school's liaison for student education students
entering or exiting high school to outside district day or
- Reviews, approves and coordinates all outside placements for
the school district.
- Ensure that student records are maintained and secured to
ensure accurate information, reporting capabilities, and
confidentiality in accordance with applicable laws.
- Approves and maintains records on all students engaged in home
- Oversees the assignment of students into special education
- Recommends components of behavioral management plans to
administrative and teaching staff consistent with the needs of
special needs students.
- Coordinates crisis intervention team and participates as a
member, as needed.
- Coordinates special education services with other pupil
- Promotes a school environment conducive to individualized
instruction, cooperative curriculum development, and student
- Meets with students, parents, and related school personnel
regarding student needs.
- Oversees special education and other pupil services budget
requests and administration; apply for grants to assist the school
district in obtaining funds for special services needs.
- Serves as the Coordinator for "Child Find".
- Serves as the Title IX Coordinator.
- Oversee and coordinate all school district gifted and talents
- Assists in school and system-wide curriculum development and
staff development in areas of responsibility.
- Serves as liaison with state officials and agencies regarding
legislation, programming and other matters covering areas of
- Supervises and monitors the school district health services
- Assist with special service transportation issues.
- Prepares and oversees budget related to pupil services
- Reviews and approves requisitions for special education
curriculum materials, supplies and equipment.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the fields of special
education, student assessment and school health programs.
- Keeps other school district staff informed of changes in laws
or regulations in areas of responsibility.
- Manages and supervises all employees in responsibility areas,
including the recruitment, selection, training, professional
development and evaluation of staff under areas of responsibility;
makes recommendations regarding goals, provides constructive
feedback and takes corrective action if necessary.
- Coordinates and attends meetings with district staff and
parents, serves on committees, and conducts professional
development as needed to fulfill responsibilities.Additional
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and
responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer,
copier and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Work in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental
Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy,
as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning
styles and behavioral management methods.
- Knowledge of best practices in administration, program
evaluation and staff supervision.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the
formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of principles in psychology, social work and
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding
special education, students, and staff, including Section 504 of
the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, IDEA,
- Ability to use computer network system and software
applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to develop and implement projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership,
performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of
- [State] State Certification as required for position.
- Teaching Certification in special education.
- Teaching Certification or license in psychology, social work or
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own
- Bachelor's and Masters Degree from an accredited college or
university, preferably in School Administration.
- Sixth year, doctorate, or other planned program in related
- Extensive successful special education teaching experience,
preferably in more than one grade level.
- Experience in guidance, psychology, health, and/or social work
- Successful administrative experience in special education
preferred.FLSA Status: Exempt
- Position Type: Full-time
- Job Category : Administrator >
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Davenport , Pleasant Valley Director of Secondary Education, Education / Teaching , Bettendorf, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...