Internal Staff Auditor
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: November 20, 2023
HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace
and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and
gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we
make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in
integrity, inclusion and belonging. What we need:We are adding an
Internal Staff Auditor to our team in Muscatine, Iowa. In this
position, you will provide independent and objective control
assurance and advisory services. The Internal Audit team assists
HNI management in accomplishing their objectives by bringing a
systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the
effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls
over financial reporting.What you will do:
- Participate in the auditing process using common standards of
practice, company policies, business goals, and industry
- Assist and lead assigned financial audit testing to completion
with quality work addressing specific areas of risk.
- Analyze adherence with budgetary standards and guidelines using
financial data and balance sheets.
- Review all financial materials and procedures to spot errors,
inefficiencies, or instances of misuse.
- Complete financial audits, prepare audit reports, present audit
findings to management, and negotiate action plans to appropriately
- Document all internal processes within an audit; list all data
sources; detail all conclusions after an investigation.
- Indicate areas where risk is found to generate a more complete
picture of financial responsibility.
- Develop value-added recommendations to improve internal
controls and operating efficiency.
- Update the internal organization's team members with periodic
status reports, meetings, and other important developments; publish
a report after completing an inquiry.
- Work with external auditors to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Work to develop new standards of practice within a company to
increase accounting accuracy and integrity.
- Reflect on historical and current budgetary trends found in the
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise within the
field by participating in professional development.
- Keep all sensitive information confidential and secure.
- Travel periodically to support team collaboration and business
needs, up to 10% What you can do:
- Think critically, prioritize efforts using a risk-based
approach, and drive positive change in a large organization.
- Successfully plan, execute, and complete audits and special
projects to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls
(including SOX), ensure compliance with laws and regulations, and
drive efficiency/effectiveness in operations.
- Embrace change and show flexibility in assignments and the work
- Gain credibility with those being audited. What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance, or related field
- MBA (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- Experience in internal and/or external auditing or other
relevant experience (preferred)
- Experience in a manufacturing company (preferred) We look
forward to hearing from you! HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a
manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products,
operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is
a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential
building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and
marketer of hearth products.As one of the larger employers in Iowa,
HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the
diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020, 2021,
and in 2022 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by
Newsweek. How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out
our CSR Report here: Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are
not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We
value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve
problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI
goals here: We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary
benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to
offer visit .We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Davenport , Internal Staff Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!