Company: The Schebler Company
Posted on: September 22, 2022
AT SCHEBLER, YOU'RE MORE THAN AN EMPLOYEE. YOU'RE AN OWNER.
We have a long tradition of excellence at Schebler-both in the
products we sell and the services we provide.
Our Employee-OwnersIn January 2022, Schebler transferred ownership
to an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). Our culture of
ownership means every employee is held accountable for how we run
our business. In return, employees have a voice in what we do,
receive more job security, and have generous retirement benefits.
Through our ESOP, each employee accumulates shares over time at no
cost to them, which they can cash in when they retire or leave.
The Controller is an integral part of our success! You will act as
an advisor to the organization by providing financial analysis,
planning, and budget control. You will work with our CFO to develop
strategic and long-term plans.Regular duties and responsibilities
- Serve as primary financial resource across all divisions
- Prepare and report weekly and monthly cost results, weekly and
monthly forecasts, and annual operating and strategic plans.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and year-end close
- Review labor reporting costs, material costs, manufacturing
overhead and inventory levels
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items
- Work with plant operations team to ensure accurate
- Prepare balance sheets and profit and loss statements
- Evaluate capital expenditure projects, including appropriate
need and cost along with return-on-investment analysis where
- Support the coordination and analysis of direct labor and
indirect labor requirements, efficiencies, and related
- Assist with both internal and external audits
- Prepare annual profit plans
- Manage cash flow through forecasting and perform treasury
- Analyze and report the current month's financial results to the
plant and corporate management
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure production costs
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies.
Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls.
- Manage and develop Accounting staff by recruiting,
interviewing, hiring, mentoring, training, and reviewing the
performance of employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:Education:
Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required.
At least 5 years accounting/financial analysis experience in a
Previous use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work autonomously and be a key contributor
- Able to work with a diverse group of people and a team
- Must be customer service driven
- Advanced computer skills on a variety of office software
Keywords: The Schebler Company, Davenport , Manufacturing Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Bettendorf, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!