Company: Cobham Mission
Posted on: December 2, 2019
DescriptionCobham is seeking an Accountant II Sales/Accounts
Receivable. The selected individual will support the Head of
Management Reporting in the analysis of monthly management
reporting, forecasts and budgets for performance trends and issues
in both operating and non -operating items. This position is
located in Davenport, IA.Key Responsibilities:
- Generate and perform accounting entries for Sales Invoices; may
apply cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Corporate financial reporting and analysis.
- Can be responsible for forecasting cash receipts.
- Contact customers regarding account payment status and actively
work past due receivables.
- Work with auditors as required.
- Verify accuracy of accounting documents or records.
- Prepare and perform analysis for various ad-hoc financial
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other
records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., accounts
receivable, disbursements, and receipts.)
- Enter data into computer system using defined computer
programs; compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and
management or external vendors or customers.
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies and investigate
- May reconcile bank and financial statements/reports.
- All other related duties as assigned.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance; accounting
- 5+ years accounting experience.
- 5+ years of experience with financial and accounting
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US.
In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or
Permanent Resident.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with high volume Accounts Receivable.
- Experience with high volume invoicing.
- Experience with collections, particularly with US
- Financial analysis skills.
- Experience with Engineering (Product Development) milestone
- Manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.For more
information regarding the Davenport facility and products
manufactured there, please visit the below
values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our
launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to
becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense
systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will
secure our collective future. Innovators like you.Cobham is one of
the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery
and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the
air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to
deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our
employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those
solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our
Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years,
driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and
providing full guidance and mentoring.**Cobham is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in
our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide
equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from
discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or
applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their
compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
_**__To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration
please visitwww.cobham.com/careers _Follow us on our LinkedIn page
Category: FinancePrimary Location: US-Iowa-DavenportOrganization:
Carleton Life Support Systems Inc.Schedule: Full-timeJob Posting:
22-Nov-2019, 11:06:49 AMRecruiter: Natalie DolanReq ID: 305836
Keywords: Cobham Mission, Davenport , Accountant II, Accounting, Auditing , Davenport, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!